Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Locking diff D/R RX tranny

thermalsurfing1

Or you need one that has the stubs on the transmmission converted. This requires taking the trans apart and changing the stubs but the nice thing is you can use stock brat axles from then on.

I have one I am considering selling. I resealed it and installed it in my Ej22 conversion car and decided to try a part time 5 speed instead. PM me for more information.

Need to convert the front hubs to EA82.

if that's the route you want to go, you'll also have to widen your track width (or shorten the axles).

really, the RX trans doesn't add anything offroad. but the full-time 4WD adds some street manners (especially in more-than-stock-EA82 hp situations) over just FWD.

I think it's a great trans for a street-driven, stock-height EJ22-swapped car that's used in short track, low traction racing (RallyX and Ice Racing).

great gearing for short track racing in low range. but with the center un-locked, you tend to spin a front tire when exiting corners in AutoX, so it's hard to put the power down.

and the 3.7 axle ratio and 1.2:1 low range are less than ideal for larger tires and "crawling".....

my 2 cents :)

Or you need one that has the stubs on the transmmission converted. This requires taking the trans apart and changing the stubs but the nice thing is you can use stock brat axles from then on.

I've got a couple that I need to tend to anyway, what does this procedure require? Resetting gears or anything like that?

Can new syncros and seals still be bought from Subaru?