Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Turbo Coupe Badge Pictures

I'm looking for some close up pictures of good quality badges on an 83 or 84 Turbo Coupe, especially the cross shaped badge under the "C" pillar. I'm also looking for complete cross badges, no matter what shape, as long as they are in one piece.

Edited by Dr. RX

I was wondering why there was blue paint on one of my pieces, now I know. Where did Connie get her new badges? Were they a miracle find, like some of the parts that I come up with?

I need to find a place that re-chromes plastic, then figure out the Subaru star formation, that area is a separate piece.

Edited by Dr. RX

I was wondering why there was blue paint on one of my pieces, now I know. Where did Connie get her new badges? Were they a miracle find, like some of the parts that I come up with?

I need to find a place that re-chromes plastic, then figure out the Subaru star formation, that area is a separate piece.

She got the last OEM pair in the USA.

The Subaru Star decal can be made by McBrat.

I added my decal overlay one to the post above for comparison... but that just adresses the center section with a usable fix, but doesn't help with rechroming for a true restoration...

I'll probably be getting a set of those decals from you. But first I need at lease another complete one. I may end up casting these out of aluminum.

I remember giving the part number to you before..when you were bugging me to sell mine to you.

I dont have them handy right now

I'm sorry Connie, but I don't remember getting them, but then I'm getting older and don't remember as well as I used to.

No, I would not bug you to sell the ones have to me, I think at the time you were talking about scrapping out your coupe since you were having so much trouble with it, I was just offering to buy them from you if they were for sell back then. I'm glad that you kept your coupe. Maybe one of these days I'll get a chance to see it.

i have a complete one sans whatever clear coating there is supposed to be on the color, well, it is partially there just not clear anymore.

it appears that the color underneath is steadfast though, as i have chipped a couple of pieces up and it has remained.

i thought i had two, if i do .they are yours if you can use'em......trade ya for a stock ej22t uppipe if 'n ya had one.

cheers, brian

i have a complete one sans whatever clear coating there is supposed to be on the color, well, it is partially there just not clear anymore.

it appears that the color underneath is steadfast though, as i have chipped a couple of pieces up and it has remained.

i thought i had two, if i do .they are yours if you can use'em......trade ya for a stock ej22t uppipe if 'n ya had one.

cheers, brian

Don't have a stock EJ22T, but I do have an EJ20G uppipe, don't know if they are the same, but they should be close.

i have found 1,i will see if i can find the number two ....

otherwise, if only one is to be found, what shall you require for the ej20 uppipe?cheers, brain

Well, do you have any other Turbo Coupe badges? With the exception of the 4WD badge, which somehow looks almost new, all the others will require some sort of restoration. The trunk lock badge should be on all coupes and sedans, but the SUBARU badges were gold tone plated.