Ultimate Subaru Message Board

another dub conversion

yep,91 2.2.,well after searching the forums it sounds like it could be anything.

i have extra everything so ill try swapping things.everything i check ohm wise checks out good.ive checked the o2,cts,maf,iac,all injectors are new subi.

what else?i got an iac code once[24].guess ill keep checking...

oh, the problem... its running rich.like a half gallon in two minuts.

006.jpg

Edited by hansend23

Maybe, not a big enough return line to the tank? I'm runnin' a 2 litre 914 engine in my Ghia. A turbo from a 2.3L T-bird, blowing thru dual 40 mm Delorto's. I had to step up to 3/8" supply & return lines, with a good adjustable pres. reg. before I was able to really control fuel pres. You've got a cool project goin' there. Keep us posted.

fixed it.,the maf ohmed out ok but wasent workin AT ALL.

GOT A NEW ONE TODAY AND SHE HAULS rump roast AGAIN!.

i also bought a 90 maf,its aluminum.and new looking.

can you just swap them? anyone? or use one off another vehicle.

can you do stuff like that?.guess ill find out.

Wow. what an awesome concept.... I'm sure there's VeeDub enthusiasts rolling over in agony at the prospect.

Back when, I went through a couple of Beetles... what are you doing about heat? You've got the hot water jacket and plumbing... putting an aftermarket bus heater in the back seat? What about venting some of that to the defrosters? I know in the Northwest you will get fogged windows.

i have a vanagon heater box up front and goes to the floor and windsheild.

i made a bypass for the stat so the heat can go up front.its awsome.alot of vw people dont like it but im the one that restores everybodys rusty cars and paints them so i can get away with it some:grin: