Ultimate Subaru Message Board

32/36 Adapter Gaskets for EA81?

Greetings Everybody,

I'm rebuilding my 32/36 DGAV Carb and I'm having a hard time finding just the adapter gaskets online. I ordered the rebuild kit and adapter gaskets from http://www.webercarbsdirect.com/ and they sent me the wrong ones. I went to http://www.redlineweber.com/ ,looked at the Subaru kits, and it gave me the part# 99004.110 for the adapter. I looked under the gasket kit for this particular adapter and its unlisted. Anybody run into this? Anybody know a good smart distributer that can help and won't be confused with my problem? Anybody recognize the wrong gaskets webercarbsdirect sent me? Anybody recommend just making my own?

post-27877-136027637895_thumb.jpg

post-27877-136027637901_thumb.jpg

post-27877-136027637903_thumb.jpg

post-27877-136027637906_thumb.jpg

post-27877-136027637908_thumb.jpg

Edited by All4EA81

So are you looking for both top and bottom gaskets? I read through your post twice and couldn't figure it out. Redline weber should have no problems giving you the correct gaskets if you give them the kit number. But...since they cant seem to figure it out give bigjim a call at overseas. He is listed in the vendor forum. He deals in webers. Tell him your problem and he should have no problem getting you what you need.

Just go to the parts store and get some gasket material of the proper thickness and make yout own gaskets. Lay the adaptor on the material and trace it out, than take an exato knife and cut it out. I have a hole punch from harbor freight to punch the mounting holes with, but the rest I just cut out. Make them all the time and they work great.

Yeah i gave up looking for gaskets long ago. Just get a sheet of gasket paper and a good exacto knife.

Use a single hole punch to make the holes for the studs.

Me Too... I Kindly Suggest you to put a Tiny uniform coat of Shellac on each Side of all Gaskets, in order to make 'em Last Longer plus preventing from Vacuum Leaks.

This is a Link to the Shellac from Permatex:

http://www.permatex.com/products/Automotive/automotive_gasketing/gasket_sealants/Permatex_Indian_Head_Gasket_Shellac_Compound.htm

Good Luck!

Kind Regards.

Put the peice of gasket paper over the plate and then just use the rounded end of a small ball-peen hammer and lightly tap your way around the profile of the plate you are making the gasket for - this will cut the gasket exactly to fit. You can then either mark and hole-punch the bolt holes in it or you can use a small ball bearing and your hammer to punch those as well.

Making gaskets is no big deal really. Takes a couple minutes. I don't even bother buying stuff like that anymore.

GD

Just as a follow up if antibody's interested, Redline emailed me back giving me the individual gasket part #s.

444 110 03 manifold gasket

99005 068 carb base gasket

The guy had to search for these #s because he couldn't find a gasket set # either. Don't know if these are the actual gaskets though. Maybe I'll order them if I need some jets or filter one of these days, just to make it worth the shipping.