Ultimate Subaru Message Board

2001 obw headgasket warranty

100K or 10 years ... IF you can document the Subaru coolant additive was put in by a dealer. Not sure but maybe at each coolant change also.

With it being that close to 100K I would get to a dealer ASAP for conformation and documentation by the service department.

Go to subaru ASAP.

be NICE to these people, they stand between you and 1500.00 . Tell them that you named your dog Baha, Your sons name is Justy, and you were hoping to pass this car down to your kids, and replace it with a new subaru some day.

If the dealer balks contact subaru directly.

nipper

Yes the SOA warranty will extend to a second owner, BUT you'll be lucky if you get SOA to cover anything at this point. My 2002 was a few months past the 8 yr mark (NOT 10 yrs) while under the 100k mark and it was nearly impossible to get them to pay half. Dealer could not do much, so I talked to SOA directly, and made every effort to be nice but they were combative from the start of the conversation. Like, how dare I ask them to pay for anything when this is three months out of warranty. They ended up agreeing to pay half but only because in the 6 years my inlaws owned it they put in at least $4000 worth of maintenance at the dealer...aka, every interval was done + some more, AND the dealer noted that the headgaskets were "severely weeping" at 80,000mi two years prior.

Good luck.

Edited by StructEngineer