Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Saw an '83 coupe convertible today.

Jefferson county tags. Actually stopped and talked to her. Said she's been into Subarus for a while but didn't specify how she got the convertible. Had some rust in front of the rear wheel well but that's all that was visible. Had the top down, said she was working on getting a new top off the internet. Can't help but wonder if she's aware of this site, should have asked... It seemed to be in fairly decent shape. Said she was going to do a full restoration on it sooner or later. Had access to a welder and knew how to work with sheet metal pretty well.

For those of you who don't know, there was a dealership in California that did convertible conversions on some of EA81 coupes. I don't know how many they produced exactly but I do know they are rare even in Subaru territory.

Jefferson county tags. Actually stopped and talked to her. Said she's been into Subarus for a while but didn't specify how she got the convertible. Had some rust in front of the rear wheel well but that's all that was visible. Had the top down, said she was working on getting a new top off the internet. Can't help but wonder if she's aware of this site, should have asked... It seemed to be in fairly decent shape. Said she was going to do a full restoration on it sooner or later. Had access to a welder and knew how to work with sheet metal pretty well.

For those of you who don't know, there was a dealership in California that did convertible conversions on some of EA81 coupes. I don't know how many they produced exactly but I do know they are rare even in Subaru territory.

That's pretty cool. I was just thinking of those today for some reason. It would be interesting to have one.

Jacob

Mine was in pretty good shape. It did have the bottoms of the quarter panels behind the doors rusted out, but its a easy fix.

It had a brand new top and other goodies.

3879084680_816c10e6f1_o.jpg

Coupe2.jpg

WaxingCoupe2.jpg

405557285_1405237038_0.jpg

Won Peoples Choice-Sedan/Coupe last year at WCSS11

Mine was in pretty good shape. It did have the bottoms of the quarter panels behind the doors rusted out, but its a easy fix.

It had a brand new top and other goodies.

3879084680_816c10e6f1_o.jpg

Coupe2.jpg

WaxingCoupe2.jpg

405557285_1405237038_0.jpg

Won Peoples Choice-Sedan/Coupe last year at WCSS11

That's Beautiful! What happened to it?