Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I think it is located on top of the engine, near back of it, possibly more on the passenger side of the engine. Look for a device screwed into the engine block. Sometimes this kind of trouble can be cleared by simply cleaning the connection to the sensor. The code will go away immediately when the trouble is corrected.

what engine? if it is 2.2 - unless they made a location change between 1990 & 1995 - it is located on the top of the engine block, just to the drivers side and behind the intake...

standing next to the drivers side strut tower - lean over, look straight down just behind the intake - you may need to move wiring harness or throttle cables a little to get a good view of it - one bolt holds it on going right thru the middle.

parts pricing WILL vary by location, that said, looking up the sensor at autozone.com using the correct PA zipcode turns up a price of $44.99

it is quite common to find a cheaper price for a part at a retailers website than you will find in store - check the website first - print out the page of the part you need and take it with you to the store - 98% of the time they will give you the cheaper price. (i do this all the time with advance)

thanks for all the advice. Just went to autozone web site - $44.99. about 6 miles out off the way compared to Advance Auto but for $34 I think it will be worth it.

I ound on the engine block after looking at the picture on autozone, drivers side tucked under the throttle body

I like this board. I just picked this car up a few months ago and no major problems just minor inconviences and every time i post a question I get an answer that is dead on. not bad for 1995 EJ22 with 165,000 on it.

Any advice on making it last a while. The last owner did excellent maint.

Belts, all fluids... so based one what I have read on Subie's just keep up the routine maint. and it will go forever(hoepfully)

Advice? Keep on with what you're doing--learn all you can about your car, pay attention to any little signs of a problem, always check out CELs.

Sounds like the previous owner gave you a good start, that's great.

Keep up with the routine/preventive maintenance and your car probably will last "forever!" The '95 EJ22 is an excellent engine, I can vouch for that.

But you've already done the best thing you can do for your Subie--you joined USMB! :)

But you've already done the best thing you can do for your Subie--you joined USMB! :)

yup - what olnick said! :grin:

seriously tho, just pay attention to your Suby and keep her maintained and she will run and run and run - the body will give out before the motor does.

Just replaced the Knock Sensor. Unbelievable how much differnce it made. On the way to AutoZone could not even be in 5th gear on any type of incline, she would just bog down an loose speed.

Now all is good again:banana:

Thanks to all for your help

Just replaced the Knock Sensor. Unbelievable how much differnce it made. On the way to AutoZone could not even be in 5th gear on any type of incline, she would just bog down an loose speed.

Now all is good again:banana:

Thanks to all for your help

glad to hear you got things straightened out. It is a good feeling, isnt it? :)