Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Pics Here she is, thanks for all your help

mikewilke77

I call her "Green with envy" cause even though shes a lifted beauty, she really wants a boobjob/ejswap. Still need help wiring the push button 4x4 switch fron the swapped in 5spd and advice for the ripped up cv boots on both front axles???? Homemade 2" lift with really minor camber prob. one is perfect straight up and down, the drivers side is a little towed in.77355146.jpg[/img]

NOT if you have a properly built lift. Mine is a six inch lift and my camber is spot on, as per my buddy who verified it on his alignment machine at his shop.

Well I would love some help with mine than. My lift blocks are cut and installed as they should be, but I still get the steering wheel death shake over 40 mph

Quite often the strut is actually bent. The wheel with ok camber is the bent one. The bad camber wheel is the one with the original straight strut.

but I still get the steering wheel death shake over 40 mph

Are the bottom ball joints in good condition? And the tie rod ends? Obviously get the wheels balanced first if you haven't already

Edited by Phizinza

After I fixed the camber on my GL my car not only steered straight, it handles a lot better. And now with new balanced tires I don't get any shakes at all up to 70 (haven't taken it faster than that).

It used to start shaking around 40 and getting bad by 50-60. Shaking is usually a tire balance thing.

Yeah all my tires are balanced, by the same place, at the same time. So I figured it was an alignment issue. No bent struts, tie rods and ball joints all look good too.

just because something "looks" good, doesna mean it is.shake things a bit,whilst you have the car lifted off the ground.preferably on blocks,or stands...cheers, brain

just because something "looks" good, doesna mean it is.shake things a bit,whilst you have the car lifted off the ground.preferably on blocks,or stands...cheers, brain

By "look" I mean a thorough inspection. I thought something should be bent, or shifted while driving, so I put it on the lift and poked around. My lift blocks are still in the correct position, my tie rods aren't bent, my ball joints are in the right spot and functioning correctly, and my strut "looks" okay (it's tough to see if its bent with it being in the car). Everything is solid, no knocking, or odd noises, and my tires are all balanced, so I'm not sure why I'm getting the shake after 40mph

alignments will not get rid of shaking.

shaking is cause by other things, tire balance, axles, wornout steering and suspension parts, broken mounts and sometimes wheel bearings.

if this has a suspension lift you will have shaking issues all the time due to stress on your inner axle joints (DOJ).

alignments will not get rid of shaking.

shaking is cause by other things, tire balance, axles, wornout steering and suspension parts, broken mounts and sometimes wheel bearings.

if this has a suspension lift you will have shaking issues all the time due to stress on your inner axle joints (DOJ).

agreed. you would be better off with a reman axle, or a lifetime replacement axle from autozone because they are free replacements LOL

if you have camber issues and want to correct it, a small 6 inch level with a magnet built in and stick it to the hub while you adjust the strut top mounts till you get it as close as possible. who said you need an alignment machine to get things straight?:grin: