Ultimate Subaru Message Board

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Attention? From the "locals" up there? Had many calls? Haven't seen my Ford buddy yet- Hope to soon though, want to see if he can help me work out these carb/choke issues w/the El Cam. (without complete rebuild). Gotta feeling it may be something w/"electric" choke controls. Darn this "technology"- miss the good old manual choke- at least I know how to operate them! Maybe shoulda kept my 62 Fairlane:eek:-I'd be racing turtles as we speak. Hahaha. :grin:

Attention? From the "locals" up there? Had many calls? Haven't seen my Ford buddy yet- Hope to soon though, want to see if he can help me work out these carb/choke issues w/the El Cam. (without complete rebuild). Gotta feeling it may be something w/"electric" choke controls. Darn this "technology"- miss the good old manual choke- at least I know how to operate them! Maybe shoulda kept my 62 Fairlane:eek:-I'd be racing turtles as we speak. Hahaha. :grin:

actually, have had zero calls, unless you count the guy that has a twin to mine and wants one of my license plates (for display purposes) if i sell the truck. :rolleyes:

and just where the heck have you been hiding young lady??? havent seen you around in days and days! :o

actually, have had zero calls, unless you count the guy that has a twin to mine and wants one of my license plates (for display purposes) if i sell the truck. :rolleyes:

and just where the heck have you been hiding young lady??? havent seen you around in days and days! :o

You told Dude to "F-off" right? "Hoard" those plates sister! (I would, but maybe thats part of my problem :lol: )

As for not being around, spouse had vacation all last week- was dealing w/ all that "together time".

You told Dude to "F-off" right? "Hoard" those plates sister! (I would, but maybe thats part of my problem :lol: )

As for not being around, spouse had vacation all last week- was dealing w/ all that "together time".

LOL - no i didnt tell him to F-off, but i didnt make any promises either - I have ZERO plans of giving those up - darn things cost me a small fortune over the years!

ROFLMAO - "together time" huh??? only have to deal with that a couple of days a week around here...spend way too much time alone to be honest. :rolleyes:

he is working way too much lately - because I'm not - and i feel bad, but what the hell am i supposed to do - hold someone at gunpoint until they freakin hire me??? yeah, like thats going to work. :-\

sorry - not in a good place at the moment - car is frustrating the heck out of me, and i dont have anyone here to help me figure out what the porblem is....and it seems like i get ignored when i ask for help in the main forums...why is that?

You know if I had any sort of clue how to help you, I would.

As for the "ignoring" I know what you mean, I finally 'very humbly' PM'd someone I thought knew what they were talking about, and got some answers. (This was a while ago)

JoAnne, so since you pretty much narrowed it down to a Fuel delivery issue (Yes I should have just replied to your PM lol) Whats the filter like?

I wonder, do these Subarus use a presureized fuel system like the GMs? "Won't run without the gas cap" Maybe that only applies to OBD-II systems (Our '99 Blazer had that setup)

Just a random thought.

fuel filter - brand new - had that thought myself.. :rolleyes: and the pickup screens look pretty good too...

fuel cap is on, always turn it enough to make it click a few times. (not sure if it matters on these or not)

either the pump is weak and crapping out, or there is an electrical issue in the pump circuit...

found the dang info i was hunting for finally (testing info) - was looking in the wrong section of the FSM (DOH!) :-p

bad news is the weather is about to turn to crap up here - heat, humidity & COPD dont go together very well... :rolleyes: gonna make my life tough for the next week.

Ahhh I'm an idiot... but... it should run without cap,would just throw CEL. Electric issues are EVIL!!! :mad: I'm sure ya'll are way ahead of me. Like checking for proper fuel pressure in the line... Don't really have a clue, Just had to put my 2cents in. :) keep cool.... -K

Ahhh I'm an idiot... but... it should run without cap,would just throw CEL. Electric issues are EVIL!!! :mad: I'm sure ya'll are way ahead of me. Like checking for proper fuel pressure in the line... Don't really have a clue, Just had to put my 2cents in. :) keep cool.... -K

well - not too far ahead of you Kara! LOL

just picked up a fuel pressure guage yesterday evening - long hot trip to wausau...

disgustingly warm and muggy at 6 am here...yuck!

anyway, plan is to get that hooked up to the car and see just how low the pressure really is - supposed to be in the 26-30 psi range - anything less and it is getting replaced.

and yeah, electrical issues can be very evil - especially if they are intermittant.... :rolleyes:

well - not too far ahead of you Kara! LOL

just picked up a fuel pressure guage yesterday evening - long hot trip to wausau...

disgustingly warm and muggy at 6 am here...yuck!

anyway, plan is to get that hooked up to the car and see just how low the pressure really is - supposed to be in the 26-30 psi range - anything less and it is getting replaced.

and yeah, electrical issues can be very evil - especially if they are intermittant.... :rolleyes:

Wow! :grin: In that case I'm a freakin genius, for a "drunkin 3AM" guess!! :banana:

well crap - problem is not the fuel pump after all - she finally gave me a CEL - after not running right for more than a week! :mad:

code is for MAF - but following the testing procedures in the FSM - it is trying to make me believe that i need to replace wiring?????? :banghead::(

Aauuuooggg :( Thats some sucky suckiness! :( Good luck Jo.

On a happier note El Camino seems to be doing well- ran it a long time last night. Got it good and hot, blew some carbon out of it. (To annoy the McMansion dwellers across the street) (and for the fun of it) Shut her down and she fired right up again- was having issues w/that last year. So far so good- I guess. :grin:

Wiring huh, Kinda strange it took this long for throw a CEL. Do you have another ECU you can swap in there from one of the other Legacys? Maybe the ECU is just getting old? Its not controling engine managment correctly and doesn't show a CEL right away. Hmmm....

i dunno what to do with it right now - about ready to take the shot gun to it to be honest. :mad: how dare it make me try to diagnose stuff in this kind of heat! :eek:

got a thread going in the new gen forums, but, well...you know... :rolleyes:had 281 views on the first one w/26 posts, of which 16 were mine... :rolleyes:

You know, even though it's not my problem, it is gonna drive me crazy until I get an answer/cause. Because I don't know what it is and am now seeking knowledge.

If I was there I would have tried a list of things I think of and go from there, you do have enough extra parts to interchange from. Damn, now i with you weren't so far away, I could probably have that thing fixed a few hours or at least narrow it down to what it is.

Gonna log off USMB and go crazy searching for an answer on this now :)