Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Under $30 is good! If anyone can make that beast run, it's you!!! :)

El Camino runs!!!!! :banana: Extra big Thanks to TheLoyale!!!! (Tom) :banana:

Ended up just putting a vice grip on the Mr-Fer, and the heat gun.

Broke loose! :grin: Maybe I can return that 15mm line wrench...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It runs damn good! :banana:

It does have some hesitation right off idle when you rev it, probably could use a little adjustment.

Ok, so maybe I don't understand carbs, but, When you rev it, shouldn't the butterflies open? I have never messed with a carb before so IDK. :lol:

It runs damn good! :banana:

It does have some hesitation right off idle when you rev it, probably could use a little adjustment.

Ok, so maybe I don't understand carbs, but, When you rev it, shouldn't the butterflies open? I have never messed with a carb before so IDK. :lol:

yes, they "should" open, but it depends a little on the choke setup, too. automatic choke systems behave a little differently, and it is possible that an auto choke setup isnt working correctly....

hesitation can be from things being gunked up inside from sitting for a long time. there are very small passages that can get plugged up very easily.

Under $30 is good! If anyone can make that beast run, it's you!!! :)

El Camino runs!!!!! :banana: Extra big Thanks to TheLoyale!!!! (Tom) :banana:

Ended up just putting a vice grip on the Mr-Fer, and the heat gun.

Broke loose! :grin: Maybe I can return that 15mm line wrench...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do. :grin: if the vicegrips worked that is all that matters.

getting my beast running wont be a problem once i can get gas to the carb! LOL, she tried to fire off with a little shot of starting fluid.

going to be replacing all of the rubber line tho - found a section that has to be 44 yrs old!! (as old as the truck!) has the old crimp type clamps on it! :rolleyes:

Oh yeah! This reminds me.

Tell your big dude friend (who used a locking pliers on it the first time) that a 20 y.o broke it loose with the same locking pliers with a different method and didn't damage it (Unlike him) ;)

Make sure you rub it in too LOL!

Oh yeah! This reminds me.

Tell your big dude friend (who used a locking pliers on it the first time) that a 20 y.o broke it loose with the same locking pliers with a different method and didn't damage it (Unlike him) ;)

Make sure you rub it in too LOL!

:lol: ok, young man - this isnt a contest! LOL we were just trying to help Kara get her Camino running! sheesh.... :grin:

must be a guy thing...."i did better than you did" :rolleyes: I mean, really, if you want to go there - it was MY idea of the heat gun that did the trick, right Kara??? :lol: :lol:

and you know I am teasing, right?...

:lol: ok, young man - this isnt a contest! LOL we were just trying to help Kara get her Camino running! sheesh.... :grin:

must be a guy thing...."i did better than you did" :rolleyes: I mean, really, if you want to go there - it was MY idea of the heat gun that did the trick, right Kara??? :lol: :lol:

and you know I am teasing, right?...

Gosh darnit!!!! I knew I shouldn't have let anyone else touch the thing!!!! :grin:

Yes, Jo! It was the combination of the heat gun, and daily saturation of the magic penetrating oil! :lol:

At least she came out of the garage for the first time in 6 mos.!! :banana:

Too bad she just didn't want to go back in there!!! :lol:

ROFL - um, yeah - about that Camino -vs- garage thing.... :eek::grin:

well, Montana (truck) is all cleaned up, fires right up now w/half choke, and moved to her "high visibility" spot this evening. Want to go bawl my eyes out, this is just killing me, but I dont see any other choice right now. She deserves more than i can give her... :(

JoAnne,

you know something, if I really had that extra money, I would love to buy that Ford. Its super clean and I'd like to own a old full-size pickup sometime (Cause thats what I grew up with) 60s to the 80s is when Trucks were trucks, and not family vehicles.

I also dig the green and white colors, fits perfect!

Hope it goes to someone who will really truly enjoy that rig!

ROFL - um, yeah - about that Camino -vs- garage thing.... :eek::grin:

well, Montana (truck) is all cleaned up, fires right up now w/half choke, and moved to her "high visibility" spot this evening. Want to go bawl my eyes out, this is just killing me, but I dont see any other choice right now. She deserves more than i can give her... :(

I know how you must feel, I am extra sad for you too.. :( Like Tom said, all we can do is keep the faith that someone will love her/him (Montana) as much as you do. :(

must be a guy thing...."i did better than you did" :rolleyes: I mean, really, if you want to go there - it was MY idea of the heat gun that did the trick, right Kara???

just becareful the tape measure doesnt come out!:eek:

we dont need no cock measuring contest...

:confused: sheesh - i dunno about you "guys" anymore! ROFLMAO :lol: absolutely NO tape measures allowed!! we will NOT go there! :grin:

Yeah, well, in that case. I have a few more inches then JoAnne

btw - are you sure, Tom???? :lol: :lol: you dont know me that well! hehehehahaha

Oh wait - that was in reference to ground clearance of the Subaru's, right?? :grin:

ok, back on track so to speak....

got pics of Montana uploaded to my photobucket - if anyone cares to look

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v628/heartless500/car%20stuff/67%20F250/

need to get a couple more of the interior yet - took the seat cover off so the original upholstry can be seen.

Nice pictures! Yeah, the thing will go pretty quick. After all, you are in Big-old American vehicleville up there :)

also "brokeville" up here - i cant tell you how many manufacturing plants have closed in this area, but it is a lot. :-\ still a LOT of people out of work that had 10 - 15 - even 20 yrs on the job when plants closed down.