Ultimate Subaru Message Board

You know, even though it's not my problem, it is gonna drive me crazy until I get an answer/cause. Because I don't know what it is and am now seeking knowledge.

If I was there I would have tried a list of things I think of and go from there, you do have enough extra parts to interchange from. Damn, now i with you weren't so far away, I could probably have that thing fixed a few hours or at least narrow it down to what it is.

Gonna log off USMB and go crazy searching for an answer on this now :)

STOP!!! dont do it!

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think we have it sorted out....

swapped in a different MAF and went for a 3 mile test drive, seems to be ok now....

not saying 100% sure it is cured yet, but it might be!

it really, really helps if you test the stupid connectors the right way :rolleyes: instead of upside down/backwards...

anyway, with proper readings, it did point to the MAF as being bad.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I ALMOST went CRAZY! :lol:

Didn't I tell you in a PM a while ago to just swap out the MAF with another you have laying around...? *Cough* :)

you might have "almost" gone crazy, but i really DID go crazy!!!!!!!!!! and the record heat & humidity have done absolutly NOTHING for improving my mood regarding this dang thing. :mad:

Why is it that cars always pick either the hottest, or the coldest day(s) of the year to screw up???????:dead:

yeah, yeah...so you mentioned. :rolleyes: bite me, dodge boy! :lol:

and Kara - I am happy to hear the 'Camino is doing better. :) always a good feeling, isnt it?

yes she is, thank you. :)

(and so am i!)

I think you passed on your "Sickness" to me today, I almost died swapping headlight housings around on the Dodge today in the Hot F*ckin' 105* sun. Got them in though! Looks super nice now, Now maybe my Dad can see at night when driving lol....

I think you passed on your "Sickness" to me today, I almost died swapping headlight housings around on the Dodge today in the Hot F*ckin' 105* sun. Got them in though! Looks super nice now, Now maybe my Dad can see at night when driving lol....

dont need to have any kind of "sickness" to feel crummy in this kind of weather - it can, and does, affect everyone. a few tips...

*Avoid being in the direct sun if at all possible.

*take frequent breaks out of the sun - indoors in AC if you can.

*drink lots of fluids - plain old water is fine - actually preferred.

*try to plan doing outdoor stuff either in the earlier morning, or later evening when it is slightly cooler. not in the middle of the day when it is hottest.

Hopefully the worst of that is past us now - humidity should be a lot better and temps slightly lower (altho was still in the low 80's with heat index @ 6am this morning...) :rolleyes:

dont need to have any kind of "sickness" to feel crummy in this kind of weather - it can, and does, affect everyone. a few tips...

*Avoid being in the direct sun if at all possible.

*take frequent breaks out of the sun - indoors in AC if you can.

*drink lots of fluids - plain old water is fine - actually preferred.

*try to plan doing outdoor stuff either in the earlier morning, or later evening when it is slightly cooler. not in the middle of the day when it is hottest.

Hopefully the worst of that is past us now - humidity should be a lot better and temps slightly lower (altho was still in the low 80's with heat index @ 6am this morning...) :rolleyes:

hell. last sunday (like 9 days ago) i was working out INSIDE my garage for about 7 hours. i woke up the next morning with sunburn... i think i baked myself!:eek:

:( :( :(

i wanna bawl my eyes out!!

my baby will be leaving me tomorrow.

:( :( :(

My condolances :(

Kinda wierd, I didn't read this till Fri 7/29, but I had a dream last night 7/28 about going thru this very thing w/my 68 Chevy Van. Was incredibly painful, and for me, it was just a dream. Might be channeling your energy or ??. Keep your chin up sister- have faith that the new owner will love Montana as much as you have. I know it's little consolation, but what else can be done/said...

My thoughts are with you. -K

Thanks Jo! Hope you are feeling/dealing better- time is supposed to heal all wounds... Almost thought I would have another Subaru in my fleet by now- looked at one a few days ago, unfortunately, although most things have been done to the engine that need to be done, one seal was overlooked-and the engine would need to be pulled again... Aaauuuggg!!! If not for that, she may have been mine!

On a Happy Note... my buddy who's rebuilding my Olds tranny called- it will be done in the next week or two- and he said he'd help me install it!!!:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

careful - Subaru's are quite addictive!! :grin:

whoohoo on the tranny!! bet you will be glad to get that done! :banana:

as far as the other goes - i just try not to think about it much - if i do, well...wont go there right now.

started in on a rant, but cant do that (no politics allowed) so i will just say I'm not happy in general. :mad:

Will be more than extra glad on the Olds front!!! :) was so very sad to see it sit under the evergreens up at "the shop"..... looked like it was returning to nature there.

As far as politics/ranting goes... knock yourself out- As long as the "powers that be" don't cut you off- I am open/willing to hear what you need to say.

Peace be with you -K