Ultimate Subaru Message Board

trying to fund an EJ swap

I never thought it would be so difficult to fund one of these swaps.... Life likes to kick me when I'm down. I am to the point of considering the sale of my long hunted and just acquired Peugeot flat spokes. I'm just getting frustrated and need to vent:banghead::banghead:

I never thought it would be so difficult to fund one of these swaps.... Life likes to kick me when I'm down. I am to the point of considering the sale of my long hunted and just acquired Peugeot flat spokes. I'm just getting frustrated and need to vent:banghead::banghead:

Just don't feel too rushed to start/complete it. It will probably take way longer than expected to complete the EJ swap. I'd hang onto the Pugs and make up the money over time. If you sell them to buy another part for the swap, then you'll be in the same boat next time you need a part and don't have the money.

Jacob

P.S. Oh yeah, and it's totally worth it:banana:

It took me two years to get all the parts together in a pile. Now its all in EXCEPT for good injectors and a good tune. I started in what? december? It still wont run right and my dd motor is slowly crapping out so its got a motor waiting, now freshly resealed.

Turbone I took your advice and started putting money aside I just didn't anticipate the EA blowing so soon. oh well I am really close to the engine purchase price.

Scott what do you need for the plate and flywheel. I have a few parts I can trade.

Im not sure what your up against in the area you live, but I was able to part a complete car for about 250.00, anything I wanted..and that helps with the over all budget. One thing im sure of is when its all done I really dont want to know how many dollars ive put into a 20 year old wagon.

Good luck dude, Mark

macbook version 1.1

1.83mhz core duo

2gb ram (maxed out)

120gb HDD

13.1" screen

super drive (DVD read/burn)

can run windows (not sure why anyone would want to)

currently has OS10.6 (the latest version)

can run MS files along side apple