Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Bias TSL Swamper Question

ettev

I picked up a set of 28x14 Bias TSl Swampers mounted on 14" steelie Peugeot's. How are they in snow? Gonna be mounted on my kids '84 lifted GL and I'm sure it will see its share of mud. But how about snow? We get some "interesting" snowfalls here in eastern Pennsylvania. Want to give him the best all around tire to drive on. Hoping these fit the bill.

snow covered highways they will be NOt good. those are a offroad tire. Spend some money and get a decent all season or snow tire....like blizzack, or better yet get something in the Nokian Hakkapeliitta breed, they will be the best tire you can get for snow, way better than some offroad tire......

Had my swampers for 2 years they are at 50 percent I calculate about 1 more year out of them the price would be right I am originally from the east coast where they do not use *************** studs or traction tires and swampers handle just fine with sipes in them which only cost a extra 5 bucks not exactly out of price range.

They also look so much better I hated having alterrain when I went out to 4x4 events everyone had swampers and mud terrains made mine look like road tires.and I believe where you live snow is either hard or slush you should be fine

• 3 weeks later...
I am originally from the east coast where they do not use *************** studs or traction tires

?

Lots of people here use studs or winter tires- or studded winter tires, for that matter. And yes, Super Swampers suck on the roads around here in the winter. I had a set of 32" TSL radials and slid all over for a whole winter before I replaced them with BFG Mud Terrains.

Yeah swampers are kinda bunk on snowy roads. I've seen guys have decent luck with them siped though.

I'm originally from MI and studs/chains were illegal (you could buy chains specialty for off road use, but you could not use them on the road). not really dependent on what region you are in, just what the state says. :)

• 3 weeks later...