Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Subaru shops in the Seattle to Marysville, WA area? I need my 2.5L head gaskets done.

Ok, there is no more limping my Forester along and I need to get the head gaskets done. It pressurized the coolant system enough to put a hole in the newer radiator... I now live in an apartment in Seattle, so I don't have a place to work on it, and I start school at the UW in a week, so I don't have the time either. The car is presently up in Marysville, so the least amount of miles that I have to trailer the car the better, but I still would prefer a quality shop as well. Thanks in advance.

If you want to bring it down to me I'll save you more than enough to cover the trailering costs - if a drive to Portland is something you would consider. I charge $35/hr and no markup on parts.

GD

I don't mean to sound rude or too inquisitive, but how do you charge 35/hr? The shop I'm with does 65 and we're considered super cheap.

I don't know my PNW geography very well but this place has one shop in Shoreline and Mukilito, WA

http://www.smart-service.com/index.html

If Kirkland, WA is near, there is this location:

http://allwheeldriveauto.com/

I don't have any experience with either shop, but they do have good reviews. I would expect that taking it to GD would probably be a lower cost than either of the ones mentioned above.

I don't mean to sound rude or too inquisitive, but how do you charge 35/hr? The shop I'm with does 65 and we're considered super cheap.

I'm independant. No overhead, no employees - just me.

$65 is cheap as shops go - but you have to pay people that don't actually wrench. I doubt that YOU personally make $65/Hr right? I charge $35/Hr because that's MY salery. The quality of my work is also generally higher than most shops. Ask the people here that know how I operate. :)

GD