Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Ahh! Wiper controls attacked!

Right before it starts raining...

downsized_1024001152.jpg

My stereo got ripped off, and in the process they were kind enough to do this as well. Stereo wasn't a huge loss, it was a Dual Electronics $40 deck, 40W over 4 channels, it put out pretty terrible sound quality, but I guess they needed it more than I did. :mad:

Any ideas on some kind of quick fix? I can't find an 87 or newer parts car here, lumpycam has a couple parts wagons up here, but they're older than 87 and have the dash controls. And the yard here is subieless again.

My wipers still work, I just have to push the stick in and hold it there. But that's no fun when driving over 45mph in a downpour of snowy rain.

I've found a certian amount of electrial tape with the right tension keeps them going while it's raining, but I won't have to do that much longer!

1028001227a.jpg

1028001227.jpg

The ONLY Subaru I've seen in the yard here for a month or so. When I got there, it was on the forks going to the crusher, but I got to pick though it and came up with this:

10280018052.jpg

Oh, and WOW, taking a steering wheel off by yourself without a puller SUCKS. I accidentally ruined the nut because it threaded back on while I was hitting it, and I had to rip the nut off the steering column with pliers. But I guess it was a learning experience.

Anyway, this is out of an '88 DL coupe. The connectors are female on this unit, however the plugs on the one in my '87 GL wagon, happen to be male. The pin out looks the same, but this looks like a lot of soldering and taping to me.

I'd go get the other side of the plug and try to switch pins out, but they probably smashed the car by now. :-\

Are these connectors different for a reason, or did they just not feel like making everything easy on us 20+ years later?

87 models are bastard clusterfarks of oddball electrical connectors.

Those headlights are DL lights, not coupe specific.

Now what is Coupe specific is that Grill. Me WANT! Had one on my wagona dn it looked sweet, but it got broken. Now I got a lame Loyale grill.

I have one of those Grilles on My Loyale :grin:

87 models are bastard clusterfarks of oddball electrical connectors.

Those headlights are DL lights, not coupe specific.

Now what is Coupe specific is that Grill. Me WANT! Had one on my wagona dn it looked sweet, but it got broken. Now I got a lame Loyale grill.

Can you post a picture of these?

ya no kidding, and the interior three piece cargo panels my RX is missing got crushed too... jerks :mad:

I have never seen a 3 dr coupe in a JY here EVER, nice to know they are smashing them right away for the $75 in metal they can get

ya no kidding, and the interior three piece cargo panels my RX is missing got crushed too... jerks :mad:

I have never seen a 3 dr coupe in a JY here EVER, nice to know they are smashing them right away for the $75 in metal they can get

what color is your interior?