Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Subaru also has a long, impressive list of sponsorships of sporting groups big and small, from The American Canoe Association to National Ski Patrol, prompting executives from Chrysler to recently complain that every time they went looking for an association for Jeep to sponsor they found Subaru was already there.

Dear god, I LOVE that! :lol:

Tim Mahoney is a sharp marketing guy. When you are a small fry auto company, and Subaru certainly is, you gotta find or develop your niche in the auto industry. To me it began when Subaru made a corporate decision in the early 90's that their entire product line would become all wheel drive. This made them different from Honda, Toyota in particular, as the car to drive where and when the weather gets slippery. Back that up with a continued well engineered and quality made product at a reasonable price, and sales will climb, and that they have. Add to that, a loyal customer following that continues to buy new Subarus, and spreads the word to their families and friends, who in turn buy Subarus.

I still would like to see Subaru bring out a small sports car that would compete against the Mazda Miata. There have been pics in the last couple of years of that possibility with a Toyota concept car with Subaru drive train. How cool would that be to see that car or very similar badged car as a Subaru. I am thinking that Subaru could make some money with that product.

Share the love..........it's a Subaru.

I went xc skiing today and I got back to the small parking area and I shuffled over to my wagon where on the other side of an open parking spot was another wagon almost the same as mine color/style wise. I joked to the guy on the other side of my car "which one's mine?" and he laughed and said there was another subaru in the open spot. He then said "I feel like I'm at a dealership" and I looked around and saw a couple of Foresters and an older Legacy wagon. Sorry Chrysler...

Dear god, I LOVE that! :lol:

this was the best line of the article IMHO....

(the older forester is a) utilitarian wagon design that seemed inspired by a grocery cart

OH SO TRUE....pathetically behind the competitions sleeker styling...pretty typical of subaru over the decades (been driving then since 11/90...my trusty 1981 DL gutless 1.8 4dr sedan)

What bothers Me about Subie is that the new OB has fallen into Toyota's clutches. Toyota is the biggest shareholder in FHI, with a 16.55 percent stake.

Teh New OB has been Camryized! Generic styling, inside and out. Crappy CVT Transmission to give You that nice Null Feeling.

My Wife can't drive a stick, and I'll NEVER buy a CVT.

It's only going to get worse, before it ever gets better.