Ultimate Subaru Message Board

diff lock linkage mods?

T'subaru

My first thought is to use a choke cable of sorts with a locking tab on it, or perhaps a "parking brake" lever lock from a scooter.

Thats a good idea. I was in the industrial parts business years ago and your suggestion of a cable brought to mind that some industrial part houses fab custom cables for otr trucks and various machinery. Usually a t handle and it twists 90 degrees to lock.

thanks

the system is really simple so it's easiest to just fix the existing set up.

is yours hosed or you're looking for something specific? if yours is just broke they're usually really easy to fix.

that being said i've done it before - i bolted a semi-flexile metal ride directly to the armature on the passengers side of the trans and ran it up into the cabin so i could just push/pull it by hand. it was literally just a metal rod sitting there, i did nothing to make it look cool but you could rig a lever of some sort.

the system is really simple so it's easiest to just fix the existing set up.

is yours hosed or you're looking for something specific? if yours is just broke they're usually really easy to fix.

that being said i've done it before - i bolted a semi-flexile metal ride directly to the armature on the passengers side of the trans and ran it up into the cabin so i could just push/pull it by hand. it was literally just a metal rod sitting there, i did nothing to make it look cool but you could rig a lever of some sort.

Everything is there and functioning, its a lack of room in the trans tunnel for the vac can so Im looking for ideas.

what are you putting it in that you don't have room for the stock vacuum diaphragm?

depending on what exactly your space problems are, you might be able to just un-bolt it from the trans and relocate it.

Other than that, it'll have to be custom. A cable directly to the lever on the center diff housing will definitely be the simplest. Get creative with the zzz and :Flame:

what are you putting it in that you don't have room for the stock vacuum diaphragm?

depending on what exactly your space problems are, you might be able to just un-bolt it from the trans and relocate it.

Other than that, it'll have to be custom. A cable directly to the lever on the center diff housing will definitely be the simplest. Get creative with the zzz and :Flame:

Its going in a Brat

Never seen those PTO cables but that does look the goods.. I also think repositioning the vacuum module is a good idea but feel there isn't too many places it can be moved to. I'm going to give the repositioning thing some more thought as I may have the same problem with my L