Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My '92 Loyale: Safariwagon

TheLoyale

Well, Don Miller Subaru Show is on the 18th, so I have under 2 weeks to finish up the body work on my EA82. Basically I am down to the driver side which is the main amount of work. I am going to have to bust rump roast on it over the weekend and next week to get it done in time.

Funny how time whips by when you are reluctant to do body work (Not my forte)

Well, Don Miller Subaru Show is on the 18th, so I have under 2 weeks to finish up the body work on my EA82. Basically I am down to the driver side which is the main amount of work. I am going to have to bust rump roast on it over the weekend and next week to get it done in time.

Funny how time whips by when you are reluctant to do body work (Not my forte)

hehe, you can bring it up here and i will do body work - you have to do the paint tho. :grin:

i bet i could fix that left rear corner on TW10 a bit better, too... :lol:

Maybe if I get bord I could build up that area on TW10 with bondo and make it look better, but, why...? :lol:

Clear coated the lower rear panel and rear door with "Rustolium crystal clear" as the NCS clear sucks (Its duller then the paint)

Misc006.jpg

Misc007.jpg

Misc008.jpg

Misc009.jpg

Maybe if I get bord I could build up that area on TW10 with bondo and make it look better, but, why...? :lol:

who said anything about bondo??? I oughtta Gibbs slap you for that...... bondo - :rolleyes:

no, i am talking about straightening out the metal more than it is. just needs a little finessing. ;)

who said anything about bondo??? I oughtta Gibbs slap you for that...... bondo - :rolleyes:

no, i am talking about straightening out the metal more than it is. just needs a little finessing. ;)

Trust me, its about as good as you can get it. I have gave it hell. The whole structure is pushed back, I would need to take the light out and put a chain around the area and pull it out via tree. :grin:

Trust me, its about as good as you can get it. I have gave it hell. The whole structure is pushed back, I would need to take the light out and put a chain around the area and pull it out via tree. :grin:

he dont know me very well, do he?? LOL :lol:

thats what hydralics & slide hammers are for. ;)

I'm w/ you on that! I'd even help!!

It was a $500 car when I bought it in 2006 and I have spent a lost count on it over the years.

Specs:

1781cc SPFI EA82

90hp @ 5200rpm

101.ft.lbs tq @ 4800rpm

3-Speed AT S/R Pushbutton 4WD 3.900 GR.

2" SJR Lift

14" Pugs (Powercoated)

27" Maxxis Bighorns

SJR Steal Rear Bumper

Sylvania Silverstar Ultra 9004 Bulbs

Retro-fitted a bunch of stuff from other Subarus.

Front Bumper Lights are "Blazer Baja" brand and up top are Hella Comet 500s, The Fenders I bought new in 2007 from the dealer.

Edited by TheLoyale

also how much money and work have you put into this loyale...how much did you pay for the lift have you done a ej22 swap details please

keep in mind - this car is a 3 speed automatic w/pushbutton 4whl - not the greatest tranny ever built - and it does just fine with the bigger tires - right Tom?

keep in mind - this car is a 3 speed automatic w/pushbutton 4whl - not the greatest tranny ever built - and it does just fine with the bigger tires - right Tom?

I like the 3AT more so then the 4EAt in the Legacy, Even with over sized tires the EA82 gots up to 55 with less effort it seems, and it feels more direct.

Don't knock the 3AT, it has never let me down.

I like the 3AT more so then the 4EAt in the Legacy, Even with over sized tires the EA82 gots up to 55 with less effort it seems, and it feels more direct.

Don't knock the 3AT, it has never let me down.

I would never knock the 3AT, Tom - after all, we did own a trouble free one here, too, until just recently. ;)

the comment I made previously was just repeating the general consensus here. :rolleyes:

Body work is all complete, just need to blend the new and olds paints so it looks all peachy! :banana:

Wouldn't let anothers hands touch "your body" hey? :brow: But, can and will help w/ the blending though!!!

Edited by KaraK