Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My '92 Loyale: Safariwagon

TheLoyale

Well, figures the one axle I didn't reboot or replace now has a ripped DOJ boot. Its alright, I have a new EMPI sitting in my room, just been to lazy to put it in, or have had other things on my mine. Either way, guess I'll be swapping it out soon enough, I'm gonna reboot the original if I don't chew the hell outta it before replacement.

I am also thinking of replacing all the Dash bulbs with Green SSLs from SuperbrightLEDs.com

Might do some type of combo like I did with the Legacy, hmm.

Wow, its amazing to not have oil all over the bottom of my block for the first time in 6 years! Thank you Fel-pro seals!

Only thing that still leaks is the pan its self, but I ain't removing that, unless its really called for. Cork gaskets are crap Period.

That's a beautiful wagon you got there, in the slow process of restoring mine also, but wont look that awesome when its done :)

I'm sure yours will turn out just as nice, it took me 6 years to get mine to the state it is at now.

Do you have a thread? PM me some pics if you want :)

-Tom

I've always just used a silicone that is suitable for sump gaskets, can't remember the exact make but it's doing well on several vehicles now. I remember that it was grey :rolleyes:

Loyal, your subi is looking awesome mate, just thought you needed to hear it again incase you forgot!

Cheers

Bennie

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Tom - the ultra grey is working very well on my car - no more oil slicks everywhere i go! LOL

I am actually kind of glad to hear you will be putting Safariwagon away for the winter - you have done so much work on that car it would be a shame to let the salt monsters get back at her!