Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Carlise 2011 interest thread

Is there anyone who might be interested in the Carlisle import show this year to be held in Carlisle PA on May 20-22, 2011.

In the past we have done this show as a club "Ultimate Subaru" but the numbers are slowly falling and we have had some issues with the Carlisle folks in the past. Is there anyone that is interested in attending this show? I have not done any of the paperwork yet to say that we are even comming as a car club. I have had very little interest about this show from here.

Here is a link to their site: http://www.carlisleevents.com/ce/events/import/

There is some info on there about the show and links to register your car if you are interested in doing the show.

IF YOU REGISTER TO BE WITH THE CLUB YOU MUST PUT "ULTIMATE SUBARU" AS YOUR CAR CLUB. NO EXCEPTIONS!

In the past we have had a really big tent to use at this event. This year we will NOT have that tent again. Our numbers have been too low to even call us a club (as defined by Carlisle show staff). I will bring an EZ-UP to use that a member has offered us. Depending on the quanity of people this alone will not be enough so if you have one of these too consider bringing it along to the show.

They are offering discounts for early registrations and if you do it early enough they sill send you a pass to drive right in and not have to deal with that mess on show day.

So there it is folks feel free to discuss and if you are a "Carlisle regular" you know who you are and if you are not interested please make a post saying such.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll follow the thread. Haven't been to Carlisle in years but used to go every year.

I stopped going the year before they broke out the shows so there was a seperate "kids" show. You know - lowered cars, stereo competitions, etc. Then the punks from what I understand got thrown out because they were also interested in fighting and such. I don't think that show exists anymore.

I'm still recovering from an accident. I can walk o.k. but my back gets sore quickly. Carlisle is several hours from me in the car to begin with which didn't used to bother me but does now.

If I attend Carlisle I'll be sure and stop in if the club has an area. But I wouldn't be attending per se as a club member.

That said it would be good to see the club represented.

For the first time in years, I think I'm free that weekend. Going to check with my other half now. Hopefully will be able to drive down in the convertible, or in your old '83, Matt.

wow, out of nowhere... Long time no talk man! Hope things are well.

I havent talked with my darling Chip yet...

We're a might-come as of now. AKA I dont know how she feels.

The work on Steves old sedan is really just beginning, but if it looks like Ill get it together in time I may consider going to the show.

I really want to see everyone, but we could easily hang out elsewhere too.

I havent talked with my darling Chip yet...

We're a might-come as of now. AKA I dont know how she feels.

The work on Steves old sedan is really just beginning, but if it looks like Ill get it together in time I may consider going to the show.

I really want to see everyone, but we could easily hang out elsewhere too.

Better be picks!!! :lol:

As for Carlisle..i havent fully decided if i want to go this year or not. As John said i do want to see you all but a 5 hour drive plus 20 dollar entry plus other expenses adds up quick. Is there another location closer to everyone that would work? Has anyone heard from Connie lately?

LOL.. I am kinda still around... ( I can be found much easier on FB BTW. I want to go to carlisle ..but I wont have the car I want to take ready...cause it wont even be here at my house until April 16th....and then the first week in June I will be in Cali for a convention.

If you all want to meet up at my place for a cookout or something...Let me know!! You know the door is always open. ( and then you can see my new baby..the 78 Datsun 280Z) and I would also like to get L.B. Back on the road for a summer beater.

If you all want to set somethign up.. just PM me or hit me up on FB :D

I would have to say that if we do a Connie cookout (titpicnic lol connie (inside joke)) that I can't do it Carlisle weekend as I have the SVX meet that weekend too. I plan of going to Carlisle even if you guys don't come as it is something I do with my dad but I am going to split my time between Carlisle and the SVX meet that is 40 min from my house.

Yeah we should wrench the heck out of LB and get him running better.

Basically let me say that again: I will still be going to Carlisle but I am not going to hang late on saturday.

You guys work out a date that works for y'all.. Like I said... weekends that are out for me are April 16-17th,, Then June 1-6 I will be in Cali for a convention.. So you work out the dates ..and I will have the place and food etc.( Bwahahaha titpicnic)

Edited by Bucky92

I was disapointed with Carlise the last 2 years. So I won't be going this

year unless a guy I work with twists my arm alot. He's bugging me to go.

He's not into Subbies thou. wants to see BMW's & nissans. ( I know... )

But I will keep an eye on this thread for another location meet. I'm also

on FB. If someone wants to friend me?

disappointed is the understatement of this thread. :lol:

^this. The past two years were kinda lame. I wasnt even that interested in the show anymore. All i was going for was to see people that i didnt see all year which is why i suggested a middle ground for everyone rather than running out there for the same purpose.

If enough people do decide to go to carlisle this year than i may change my mind and make the trek again but last year i was thinking was going to be my final year....but then again...waffle house....decisions decisions.

We'll go back to Carlisle when they have a redneck section. :banana:

If you're a VW guy its still a great show. Kit cars your thing? There you go .... But for us to hang out with Volvos and Saabs that really aren't vintage or interesting at all ....phooey!

To those who've never gone to Carlisle - it's pretty cool the first time , maybe even once ever other year or so. But once you've seen the old guy and his old Volvo with (???) million miles on it and the few old Italian cars ,etc. it's over.

There's nowhere near the number of truely cool Euro-cars there that there used to be. And the field has filled in with too many late model cars that really suck.

Cheers!