Ultimate Subaru Message Board

anyone ever found a way to block the sun coming through the T tops

Its been almost 14 years now but I purchased a dot matrix pattern window film, at the time it was to reduce solar heat gain when we were packing our newborn around. I cut it to size and it clung to the inside of the windows pretty well. I cant remember where I picked it up though.

Ok, i've made some corrections to my post so that GM doesn't file a copyright suit.. :)

what about cutting one of those aluminum foil/bubble wrap car sunscreens to fit your rooftop windows (that aren't really t-tops but certainly look alot like'em..ha!) .. not sure how to affix but there's bound to be a way.

i store my windshield sun shade between the "roof window I only use for moon watching" (and it's not to be confused with the t-tops that GM trademarked years ago but I just wanted to clarify because there's at least one person that is concerned about the GM copyright on the USMB... and the sliding blind within my '06 outback and it helps with the heat.. at least i think it does, i

dont have any hard facts/numbers to prove it.

guess i could call 'myth busters' and see if they'd look into it. :) I wouldn't

mind seeing:slobber: Kari Byron:slobber: discussing subaru's on the show..

Edited by gadberry
the midwestern heat wave has shortened our patience, apparently. :)

velcro and a pizza box treated with aluminum foil for each fun top .

never done it but might be perfect.

again, they are not T tops.

They are not T-tops. The official name is Halo Twin Roof / Twin Halo Fun Tops

or Fun Tops....mkay. but T tops is a trademark of GM or whatever and was never used in Subarus terminology in literature.

not trying to be a di#k just trying to inform.

Edited by bheinen74

velcro and a pizza box treated with aluminum foil for each fun top .

never done it but might be perfect.

again, they are not T tops.

They are not T-tops. The official name is Halo Twin Roof / Twin Halo Fun Tops

or Fun Tops....mkay. but T tops is a trademark of GM or whatever and was never used in Subarus terminology in literature.

not trying to be a di#k just trying to inform.

Ridiculous comment.......T-Top is NOT a trademark of GM, lots of car manufacturers have used the term on models with them.

Subaru, being manufactured by FHI in Japan when the Brat was made, chose to call them something different.

People in the States call them T-Tops because they resemble units made by American car makers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-top

I would use the stuff T'subaru mentioned. I've used it before and its easy to apply and removal is the same. It might still be available at the chain stores.

I used a cheap (dollar store) silver windshield shade. Its made with the thin silvery foam instead of the thicker bubble-wrap stuff.

Cut to fit (might need two shades to fit nicely) ... and clear box-tape to stick em on.

They block the sun really well. Theyve been holding strong for 5+ years.