Ultimate Subaru Message Board

plow car ?

smackvt

how did it stand up to the heavy task of snow moving?

It handled it good for 2 years with the frame hooked to just the bumper and the two toe hooks ...........IMG_0396.jpg[/img] then it needed up grading ,after i did the outback inch lift,I thought i would do some off roading whith the front rese hitch in and caught it in some dirt bank and bent the nose of the car real bad :lol:IMG_0453.jpg[/img]:lol:

I wouldnt do this to a car personally. Plowing snow is very hard work on a truck, let alone a car.

It 99% depends on how much of an idiot you are while plowing. Don't ram into snow banks, use low gear and put along. allow the trip edge to do it's job. I see so many people plowing at high speed, and they wonder why they bend their frame on the 1 ton HD pickup.

It 99% depends on how much of an idiot you are while plowing. Don't ram into snow banks, use low gear and put along. allow the trip edge to do it's job. I see so many people plowing at high speed, and they wonder why they bend their frame on the 1 ton HD pickup.

THIS!

Especially if you aren't plowing anything with a lot of bumps/hangs for the plow to catch on.

It's just like anything. If you're an idiot, you'll break it. If you have half a brain, you'll be fine.

I need to post some pics of the roads I plow. 2 miles of roads, climbing 1400ft in elevation. I would destroy that car!

well my driveway is a mile long at about 1400 ft ...and my friends land climbs from 1450ft to over 1600ft andits 2mi up going on 4th year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
It's a 4wd 1,2 Liter Sumo (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subaru_Sumo) :). No problem with 12" of fresh snow. And its nimble as hell. That wheelchair lift sounds good but adds too much weight to front axle. I'm just going to get better winch to replace that old chinese no-brand thing.

Man I want sumo to bad ill never find one in the states love the sumo buggy ...

How low is the lowest gear setting with that have no prob with twin clutch ?

Cool :). Any way

http://m.youtube.com/#/profile?desktop_uri=%2Fuser%2FSmackvttv&help=False&channel_id=0&livestreaming_tutorial=False&ytsession=%7B%7D&start=0&user=Smackvttv&autoplay=True&gl=US

Try this one out fun in vt

• 1 month later...