Ultimate Subaru Message Board

185/85/13's

Just wondering if anybody has ever run these on stock wheels? If so any handling/ clearance issues. My Loyalle is not lifted. I found these tires, a snow tire with studs im thinkin of removeing, for cheap. The main problem, as we all know is the lack of aggresive 13" tires. I only use my Subie in winter, maybe 3k miles/year, so tread wear is not really an issue. Now clearance and handling are though. Let me know! Thanks

When i got my scoob (1990 loyale wagon) it had P185/70R13/85T's all around, (assuming thats the same size your asking about) stock height and the tires did just fine, no clearance issues at all, but now i am running 175/70R13/82H cause they didnt have my original kind in stock. i hope this helps.

Cheers

Good luck finding that size. Every year buying tires in 13inch gets a bit more difficult. I took what i could and got 185/70/r13s for my coupe and they look good and handle ok. Honesty no tire is really going to help your handling that much with a stockish suspension. I have a good amount of mods to mine and handling is still Meh.

I Believe that 185/85/13" could be too Tall...

Could Rub the Fenders in certain Curves.

TireMeasurements.jpg

I Used 205/60 R13 flawlessly on the Subaru EA82 Wagon, on Subaru steelies, mags and Aftermarket wheels; here is a Comparison Side by Side Between 185/70 R 13 and 205/60 R 13, the 205 is the Fat one on the left; Both has the Same Tallness:

LLantasSubaru-1.jpg

Kind Regards.

Edited by Loyale 2.7 Turbo
misspelled word
  • Like 1

If in Oregon-Washington Les Schwab Tires has 185-80-13

Good luck with that. Last year I bought basically the last set that any les schwab had seen for a long time. Called around to 3 different locations before I found a set. They are the Wintertrac tires, and they are the only tire I could find in 185/80/13. They are also a snow tire.

The 185/80/13 fit with no problems what so ever with some room to spare, so I imagine that 185/85/13 might fit. But finding that size tire, good luck!

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

I would think 205's on stock 5" wheels would be a little wide, especially with a lower profile. Suitable width for a 5" is 155-185. A 6" wheel is 175-205. Maybe ok on a hellaflush Civic or AE86 Corolla.

(And yes, I'm sure several people have run 225's on a 6" wheel with `no problem')...