Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What are these things?

Well the three are relays.

The cylinder is the Ignition Coil.

The black box is the electronic ignition (may be called an amplifier)

The white ceramic thing is a (best educated guess here) is the ballast resistor.

The white tank is the windsheild washer tank.

The red thing is the car, and a very clean one at that.

:clap:

Well the three are relays.

The cylinder is the Ignition Coil.

The black box is the electronic ignition (may be called an amplifier)

The white ceramic thing is a (best educated guess here) is the ballast resistor.

The white tank is the windsheild washer tank.

The red thing is the car, and a very clean one at that.

:clap:

Thanks for nothing. Anyone else? I just want to know what the stuff on the bracket is for.

Well I know you don't want to hear it, But they are relays. 1 will be for the fuel pump, 1 will be for the A/C and 1 may be the head lights. Or I may be all wrong. But that is my best guess. You could pull them 1 at a time and see what quits working. Now if I have made you more grumpy, I am sorry.

No I was saying please don't say relays because I want to know WHAT THEY ARE FOR. Does anyone actually know what they are for? That would be most helpful. So far the responses are about as useful as a dead hooker. and yes I am an f'ing blast to be around. Thank you in advance.

Why don't you get a multimeter with audible continuity and test what they lead to? Easy peezy. Considering no one else's answers seem to please you, do the legwork yourself!

...I want to know WHAT THEY ARE FOR. ...

Well, I Believe that two are for the A/C (Fan and Compressor's electric Clutch) and the other one could be for the "Third Eye" but I'm not Sure.

The Best way to find out which Relay belongs to which electrical Stuff, has already been pointed here:

... You could pull them 1 at a time and see what quits working.

I Hope this can Help...

Kind Regards.

okay I have found through the Bentley's manual that as I suspected they are all for AC. Here are some diagrams so all you guys can further assist people in the future.

Untitled-2.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg

Sorry for being pissy, I just came here assuming somebody could quickly identify these parts to a car that I can not test as they are part of a harness being installed in a car that does not have AC or even a battery and is not yet running. I should have specified that I actually wanted information, instead apparently some folks thought it was a guessing game. If you don't know, how bout DON'T ANSWER like the sticky at the top says?

I would like to apologize to nipper and cawain for being a wongleflute, and i do mean that. I was in a bad mood and frustrated last night, and you guys were trying to help answer a question I had and I was also not clear on what i was asking. again I am sorry. I am not usually a jerk. just sometimes okay?

also thanks to turbone who always is helpful and loyale 2.7 turbo, the Honduras freak who I have noticed consistantly puts up some of the coolest posts this board has. That's all.