Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I need new tunes....assistance please

There are threads that have this info...

Dont go with anything super cheap if you want a real upgrade. :clap:

I think suffice system for a Loyale would be:

Decent head unit (Pioneer, Sony, Kenwood etc)

10" Subs (dual is more than suffice) Good brand, no "lightning audio" or anything, had these, they sucked.

4 new speakers - I believe 6.5" speakers but Ill be corrected if Im wrong.

Decent amp - Rockford Fosgate, Kenwood, Phoenix gold is my favorite brand.

Youre in Beaverton Oregon? Have you seen a dark blue EA82 sedan with a loud exhaust speeding around? I try to wave at the Loyales since... well the WRX guys are clueless flat-bills and dont think I drive a Subaru :rolleyes:

There are threads that have this info...

Dont go with anything super cheap if you want a real upgrade. :clap:

I think suffice system for a Loyale would be:

Decent head unit (Pioneer, Sony, Kenwood etc)

10" Subs (dual is more than suffice) Good brand, no "lightning audio" or anything, had these, they sucked.

4 new speakers - I believe 6.5" speakers but Ill be corrected if Im wrong.

Decent amp - Rockford Fosgate, Kenwood, Phoenix gold is my favorite brand.

Youre in Beaverton Oregon? Have you seen a dark blue EA82 sedan with a loud exhaust speeding around? I try to wave at the Loyales since... well the WRX guys are clueless flat-bills and dont think I drive a Subaru :rolleyes:

funny you say that because the 10 inch sub in the pic i posted is a lightning audio :P in my opinion it works well for the cost

My two 87's have 6.5" in the rear doors and 5.somethings in the front doors both run Pioneer speakers. I run a Phoenix Gold 8" in my blue wagon and it gives it the missing thump, but it's no door rattler. Whereas the PandaWagon has a MTX 12" sub and it has quite a thump. I used one of the cubby holes to mount the sub's amp - out of the way but easy to get to.

I've always had Pioneer head units - been very good to me.

... What size are the door speakers? Are the front and rear dooe speakers the same size? ...

No.

Front and rear door speakers are 6-1/2"

Nope!

Loyales came Factory with 4" Front Speakers installed on some sort of 5" metallic adaptor to the Door, While the Rear Speakers came 6½" installed directly to the Door.

My Wagons Run Front and Rear 6½" Speakers, I installed the Front ones over the Door Plastic Panel to let them Fit Better, as you can see here:

Marco09.jpg

Also I Run a 12" Dual Speakers "Omega" BoomBox that came factory with its amplifier and quiet Cooling fans Built in, in the Rear, as you can see here:

CargoCoverOpen.jpg

Kind Regards.

thats a nice lil setup loyal 2.7 turbo! i have a 95 lego wagon and its 6.5 all around. pioneer 3 ways up front, rf 3 ways in back and stock o.b. tweeters powered by 500w amp , sony xplod headunit and 1 power acoustik mofo 122x in the back in a ported box @ 1000w (sony amp)

it does very well it rattles a lil bit when loud but other than that sounds great! recomend putting a small amp on door speakers! you can tell the difference night and day!

Thank you!

...recomend putting a small amp on door speakers! you can tell the difference night and day!

Well... the Head unit is a Sony Xplod MP3, easy to Use and Powerfull, well, Just 52 Watts per channel (52 X 4 = 208 Total output) Powerin' the 6½" Speakers all around is enough for me to Listen my Favourite Iron Maiden Songs :headbang:along the BoomBox, which is Self Amplified; it has all the Harware Built in, but it takes its Music source from the Head unit's dedicated "Woofer" output.

I listen Heavy Metal only when I'm Alone... Usually I play Baby Music (Lullabies) when I Transport my Baby Daughter... :burnout:

Kind Regards.

funny you say that because the 10 inch sub in the pic i posted is a lightning audio :P in my opinion it works well for the cost

Im sorry I had 2 10" Lightning Audio subwoofers in my :dead: Mitsubishi :dead: that although cheap and useful for being cheap were REALLY cheap in comparison to my Rockford Fosgates that I put in my 86 GL. The thump with the RFs was Louder and a helluva lot more clear. :D

I agree with amplifying the door speakers, you will notice a difference. Though I always seem to go back and forth on subs. Sometimes I want it hitting hard and others I just want to compliment.

One thing I try to do is get the tweeters above my legs for the front speakers. I find when you have speakers near the bottom, your legs block alot of sound. So try to get some component speakers.

Has anyone done a good setup in an EA81?

+1 on amping speakers.

In my sisters 2005 Scion TC they have all four speakers amplified by an under the seat amp and the subwoofers in the back on an amp, and even on volume 10 you hear that coming a few blocks away... 20 will damn near blow your ear drums...

Whereas I have to put my stereo to 40 to drown out people... I want my subwoofers back haha

Im sorry I had 2 10" Lightning Audio subwoofers in my :dead: Mitsubishi :dead: that although cheap and useful for being cheap were REALLY cheap in comparison to my Rockford Fosgates that I put in my 86 GL. The thump with the RFs was Louder and a helluva lot more clear. :D

yes but if you dont have the money for fosgates at 100 bucks a pop ( like me) you work with whatcha got

If you don't want to take up your cargo space and don't need it too loud, I've been using a kenwood under-the-seat sub and it actually sounds good. The door speakers just don't make much bass on their own.

How's the under-the-seat sub sound? I've been sort of looking at that option myself as I don't really want to impinge on my cargo space in the back.... and I'm waaay past the $2k+, rattle-your-rust-off sound systems, especially after having one such set up "liberated" out of my old 200SX :(

I just need my music to sound good and full, not brain numbingly loud.

How's the under-the-seat sub sound? I've been sort of looking at that option myself as I don't really want to impinge on my cargo space in the back.... and I'm waaay past the $2k+, rattle-your-rust-off sound systems, especially after having one such set up "liberated" out of my old 200SX :(

I just need my music to sound good and full, not brain numbingly loud.

I wired mine into the factory radio and it complements it perfectly. Not the tightest bass in the world or the loudest or lowest but good enough to fill out the completely missing bottom end from the door speakers. Barely fits under the passenger seat. I also picked up a factory cassette deck with the 7 band eq from a board member and run my tunes through an adapter so I could dial out a little mud. So everything looks like the stock radio but sounds much better!

The eq helped out a bunch, but mostly with the low-mids and midrange frequencies.

i have an aftermarket eq that i havent hooked up yet..... i listen to all kinds of music. i love rock and (rap) lol im tryin to make a bass competition vehicle that has some pep also so its been kinda hard..... also have a crossover if anyone is interested lol i dont want it.... i know it works but anyways! not tryin to thread jack. :) go to amazon.com they have some decent car audio for cheap. im not a big fan of lanzar audio BUT its really cheap and itll do the job if not tryin to be loud. they always will say 1000 watts and such but only do like 250 lol so theres an option. power acoustic has cheap speakers and tweeters BUT if you do buy tweeters and mount them to your door (above your legs) READ REVIEWS and dont buy cheapo's they will sound bad and they blow VERY easy.

my 2 cents :)