Ultimate Subaru Message Board

RE-thread :Monstaru 13

monstaru

That is what I am calling the buggy now.It may not be attempt number 13, but it is that creepy.:-p

Lets recap , as the last thread grew out of a billion things to this.

What we have so far:

0501001444a.jpg

chassis, .120 wall 1.5 " DOM tubing.....

swampers.jpg

The 37" meats

IMG_5471.jpg

the steering

IMG_5472.jpg

The suspension!2" and 14" Fox air shox

IMG_3902.jpg

The original layout,Ej22,5spd D/R,with 6.5 to 1 Zooki t-case.

I wanted an auto, and more power.SoI just acqiured a Twin Turbo Ej engine, Am looking into Auto options like the AW4 Jeep trans, as well as others.This opens up the options for different T-cases.

The H1 wheels with centers cut out , next to the new 6 lug centers.And a mock up.

IMG_5538.jpg

IMG_5539.jpg

I went through so many transitions with the last thread , that I thought it would be good to regulate, and get to the basics of what is REALLY happening...

WEll, this is it...LOL I keep gathering parts and waiting for a place to build this damn thing.Changing small things on the way as usual.

I am up to Toyota axles with lockers, chromos, and my own fab for trussing and gussets...

IMG_5479.jpg

IMG_5495.jpg

Much more to come.I will be moving soon,and one of the major concerns is getting shop space/garage to work on this thing!!!

cheers

What I appreciate most about this thread is. You are doing it all yourself. There is a lot to be said for that

+100000

I'm watching, so keep the updates coming.

As for using an automatic trans, a bellhousing like Bill is making would be sweet, but with an automatic, you don't have to worry about piecing together and perfectly aligning a clutch/flywheel. Flexplates are WAY eaiser to modify!!

That said, I think an adapter plate is the way to go. I know you posted in the thread, but maybe you'd forgotten....

adapterplate1008.jpg

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showpost.php?p=962594&postcount=53

I think this is the way to go. Relatively simple. And should work with a TH350 or 700R4 if you want Overdrive.

I am looking at the AW4 Jeep tranny.TheTH400 as well.

Some of that stuff is beyond my scope of tools.So far anyway....

but I will continue to look at options in automatic trans configurations until I find one that I like.

The Nissan auto would be an easier option as it is basically the same body as out 4EAT.However there is no aftermarket for it anymore.At one point Advance adapters had a plate to offer for an Atlas t-case behind that setup.

It doesna seem like they do anymore, or abandoned the project....They do however have one that will fit the little bit later Titan line.Not the same setup as far as I can find.

I did forget about that thread.thanks Chux!

cheers

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

OK , So I pretty much have my garage moved over here, so........

IMG_0525.jpg

GOt the electricity figured out in th rental house, its on.

Birthday present:headbang::brow:

IMG_5658.jpg

Needless to say I have a pile of parts and getting closer to having time and room to work on this thing this summer.:D

cheers

Euly, more than welcome anytime.call when you have time.

Thanks for the accolades.I can and will fini************ just a matter of time and money.I have a good new job, am getting remotely settled.and have enough space to continue at least....we'll see :)

cheers