Ultimate Subaru Message Board

is my rx twin carbs real

Dual carb engines has different Heads on them, the Valves are located on the opposite side than the Single carb counterparts; if someone just Swapped the Dual Carb intake over a Single carb engine, it won't be any performance gain, just a Double carb tune up and Synchronization Headache.

I Kindly Suggest you to post pictures of the engine and the whole car to help you identify it.

Kind Regards.

To post pictures, first you must have uploaded your photo to a hosting site; such as photobucket, facebook, etc..

Then, when typing out your post, copy the url of the image from your hosting site. From there, you click the little symbol above the posting you are making that looks like mountain peaks and a sun. Paste your image url in there, and you are set to go. :burnout:

More info like this can be found in the FAQ.

how can i tell if my twin carbs are factory on my ea81 1983 rx coupe

also i have a funny knocking coming from somewhere it doesnt happen when idle so i crossed out the engine so was thinking its from the drivetrain any ideas would help me heaps

Im not sure i understand the question. The EA81 RX (yours) would have had dual carbs from the factory. They were dual hitachi's hooked up to a single rod linkage system so they worked in unison. The motors also had reversed valve heads (intake valves were in the center of the heads instead of exhaust valves) and a reversed cam to go with the heads. If you do a search for "ea81 rx" or something similar on here you will find a few posts about it and most of them with me in it lol. I have wanted one for a long time but gave up.

And 4WD with rear plate LSD, disc brakes all round and rear anti-roll bar.

What was the gear ratio on the LSD?

Hey Knewsubiefan- You are gonna have to figure out posting pics, cause you just can't leave us hangin' here! Did you look to see if your rear differential has a LSD tag on it? gear ratio should be on it too.

thanks hatchsub your a legend im a computer novice so posting pics is hard for me

and thanks for the pics are you also planning or in the process of doing one up as im finding it hard to find parts for them in nz if people have parts they dont want to part with them so the boys at work have to make parts from scratch which sucks as i wanted to keep things original as much as possible

the car seams to had sun stroke on one side of the car and totally full of rust on the other which is no big deal as the inside has no rips tears or sunfading is why i brought it as the outside can be fixed easy enough

it has a lsd will check the ratio later today

thanks for the help you guys are so helpfull its good to have your comments