Ultimate Subaru Message Board

cupholders?

so after spilling my coffee into my console for the gazillionth time, I'm going to ask y'all what you use for cupholders?

I usually just wedge the cup between the passenger seat and Pbrake. it usually works okay...but sometimes it doesn't.

about all I can find are the stupid ones you can find at walmart, that kindof hook onto the top of the interior door trim.

any ideas? pics would be great

In Ben, the G/f just uses the arm rest. Ben has the high-rise arm rest, so she just flips it open and keeps here coffee in there. That drives me nuts however because whenever I get in the car, I lean on the arm-rest, and usually wind up leaning on a styrofoam cup haha.

In Margaret, she doesn't have the high rise, so I found those little plastic ones that hang on the door by hooking into the gap where the window is. They are pretty useful.

I've got the second one in that list tucked into the map pocket on my drivers door then screwed into place ..works very well and it will hold a 44oz soda . But if you forget it's there when you close the door you get 44oz or soda on the floor(better than the dash or center console) I'm not sure how it would work on a Car with crank windows as mine are power

My dad (and then later me) would wedge the 64oz cups from 7-11 in between the seat and the brake handle for years... worked great.

The downside was stopping hard and having to hold the drink.... but that was in a 1992 Loyale with the high rise console...

In my 86 GL, the D/R handle is there... sooo it gets seat-belted in or the passenger gets to hold it :headbang: