decent brakes

power everything

fancy digital dash

cv axeles etc in good shape

push button 4wd

it has the TOD

slight oil leak

1000 bucks.

I have owned an 86 gl, and now 91 loyale. My folks are looking for a car for my sis who is 18. What do you think? Any negotiation techniques? I have heard the turbo motors kind of suck... let me know your opinions. Thanks!

Yeah, even without the experience GD has in this field, I'd even say steer clear for 1k. Known reliability issues, high mileage (relatively), and you could find something better than that for 1k, whether it be another GL (non turbo) or a different type of soob.

Ya just offer less than what he wants cause sooner or later youll have to do HG's on it, youll have about 300 bucks in parts into it, so offer 700, ask last time the T belts where done and look under it that always tells the real story leaks, ware, how its been driven (wheeled or crashed) wires hanging, rust so on and so on...........................

Jeff

First gen Legacys are cheaper, have more power, infinite more reliability, safer, ..... and on and on.

Personally I'd buy it because I like unreliable old rusty subarus that break down when I'm on road trips. But I wouldn't suggest it for someone who just wants a car to get to work.