Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Need someone to pick up a Fuel tank in Seattle for me:

Mods: I don't know where to put this, but I also would like this to as noticable as possible, so I will place it here since there is much traffic. Move it if needed, but I am just trying to get somebodys' attention.

Anyhoo, there is a guy in Seattle area with an '83 GL wagon part out, I need the rust free Fuel tank from it, he will not ship it because of fumes. What I need is someone to pick this tank up (I will paypal the owner of it first) rinse it out with Soap/Water so it is fume free, then Box it up, and ship it. Very simple, why the owner can't do this is beyond me. I will pay for the shipping, and I will also compensate you for your time.

So, if you live in Seattle area and are willing to do this for a Fellow USMB'er who is trying to get his '83 GL back on the road, that would be SOOO appriciated. I will get his complete address shortly if he agrees to hold the tank for me.

Please PM me if you want to do this,

-Tom

Tom,

A good product to clean out a gas tank like this would be GP Forward (Diversey stuff that you probably work with). Grab a gallon from work and ship it to any one that agrees to help you out. It will clean out the tank and it has ingredients that act as rust inhibitors on clean steel surfaces (my brother is a chemist and he recommended this to me for all my Imperial parts that I acid dipped and needed to clean afterwards). I'll check work for a gallon as well.

Tom,

A good product to clean out a gas tank like this would be GP Forward (Diversey stuff that you probably work with). Grab a gallon from work and ship it to any one that agrees to help you out. It will clean out the tank and it has ingredients that act as rust inhibitors on clean steel surfaces (my brother is a chemist and he recommended this to me for all my Imperial parts that I acid dipped and needed to clean afterwards). I'll check work for a gallon as well.

This is interesting. I have heard of GP Forward, I may have had it at one time, back when ABM was OneSource.

I have some Virex which would probably do something similar, except the anti-rust part.

We'll see how this plays out, I possibly have a dude who is willing to pick the tank up this weekend, so If he can do it, and the Seller agrees to this, I am golden, and I truely hope this works out! This would help me trimendously!

Im a bit far away from it, so gas would be an added expense :/ but if you dont find someone that can do it, let me know and I may be able to get up that way.

Cool, thanks for the offer.

So far, both Subaruwagon87 and Tractor Pole have offered and both of them are in the know with what is going down.

Wes, "the seller" also knows about this whole ordeal, as I a trying to keep everyone in the know so this works out smoothly. Who ever goes and picks this tank up, will also be picking up the rust free rockers, as this is the same guy I bought those off of, he has yet to ship them out due to his time frame.

So this is where we're at right now... lol.

Got another email form Wes. I then replied.... I offered $200 for everything, he is welcome to counter offer.

Well, all sounds good Tom, but I guess you are forcing my hand here on accepting PayPal and I didnt want to go that way. I parted out my Subaru to make some money from parts, I already told you I was only going to pad the shipping cost on Rockers so I got a little out of them, there are a couple different inquiries on the Gas Tank but I wouldnt ship, and I figured someone would come along sooner or later who was local that would buy it. Make me a reasonable offer on Tank, like I said, it is excellent condition with no dings or rust anywhere on it ! Im not a money grubber but I do think my time is worth a little as is the part ..... let me know and I will send a Pay Pal request for funds to your e-mail thru Pay Pal.

Wes

The Latest Email.

$200.00 would be just fine. The Tank is currently full of new gas so I will get that drained tomorrow and out. My address is ******* and my phone number if your friends need it is ****** and Saturday or Sunday are both fine. I hope you have everything in your possession quickly. You already got pictures of Rockers after I cut them off so when tank is out I will send you pics of it as well. Think quick though before they get here if you need any other sheet metal pieces.

Give me the e-mail you have your pay pal thru and I will request funds from you.

Thanks again Tom

Edited by TheLoyale

The problem is not related to a healthy diet:rolleyes:

Gasoline, and gas vapors are not only combustible, but explosive.

Its no surprise that freight companies would try to avoid shipping such things. Or at least make it difficult enough to make it less worth shipping such things.

those cleaners will probably cause cancer somehow. What is wrong with companies that won't ship chemicals/gas etc....it is not as bad as the cleaning chemicals or eating a happy meal.

Nope, believe it or not all the cleaners are government regulated and any ingredients that are identified as carcinogens are red-listed an cannot be used. The vast majority of cleaning products these days are pretty safe. You still have to be carefull about high or low ph and getting chemical burns, but that is another story.

ill go pick it up for ya this weekend if ya want. im in tacoma which is pretty close. i also have time to clean and ship. lmk if i can be of assistance, and, nice wagon. my 1st wagon was a 83. both pushbars, i miss that pos

Thank you for the offer, I PM'd you about it. This will totally work out better I think.

Thank you again!

-Tom