Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Not exactly a "tech" question, but.......

I don't see a place for general discussion of subarus so if this needs moved.....my bad.

1987 GL turbo: New engine about 5k ago(EA82)/standard trans.

everything works, minimul rust, 180k on rest of the car

What is something like this worth (just an estimate,does not need to be to the penny)?

427918_432871763396845_100000220749174_1782617_1816896296_n.jpg

Price depends on where in the country the person lives, Us out in the Mid-west would pay $2000+ for a clean well running/driving old gen Subaru, because we don't have many here anymore as they rotted away from neglect. Out in on the West coast the price would be lower cause they have so many out there. Some people give away Subarus for FREE out there! A lot of people don't like the Turbo EA82 motor, as the heads like to crack and blow HGs. But I think with decent treatment and low boost, it would be just a fine motor.

You are also in the write spot for this thread :)

-Tom

^ Seconded. (What Tom wrote)

That looks like an extremely clean car. icon14.gif

Don't forget that sale prices fluctuate seasonally too. Anything 4WD/AWD can fetch a huge price premium in late fall / early winter if you are in an area that gets a lot of snow... or an area that gets a moderate amount of snow but where people panic easily. :Flame:

Nononono everyone is wrong. The car is worthless, and i will be kind enough to take it off your hands for 25.00 ...

:drunk::brow:

Screw you, I posted first, so there for I get first pickins'. I'll toss you $100 and come pick it up. I'll even buy you a Six pack... :brow:

Screw you, I posted first, so there for I get first pickins'. I'll toss you $100 and come pick it up. I'll even buy you a Six pack... :brow:

Heck I'll buy you a case of a nice microbrew ..... Just to ease the pain of it having no value :lol: Out of the goodness of my heart

Depends on who did the engine and what work it needs otherwise. I don't think the new engine adds to the value in this case unless its got more power, factory gaskets, and built by somebody that specializes in Subaru's. Otherwise, it could be worse than an original engine in my opinion.

That car looks like one I see around Denver at the UPullIt yards.

I would place that around $1800-2400 depending on how it drives and runs.

We get a bit of snow in Wyoming.:lol: This one is located in Salt Lake City, UT. Lots of subies for sale lately. There's a nice rust free '91 loyale with 79k mi. right up the street from me. Curious as to how much he wants. I favor that body style as opposed to the '98 outback I paid too much for. If either one of these turns out to be a keeper, I'm selling my outback! Nothing was for sale when I needed a car, now it seems they're everywhere!:banghead:

We get a bit of snow in Wyoming.:lol: This one is located in Salt Lake City, UT. Lots of subies for sale lately. There's a nice rust free '91 loyale with 79k mi. right up the street from me. Curious as to how much he wants. I favor that body style as opposed to the '98 outback I paid too much for. If either one of these turns out to be a keeper, I'm selling my outback! Nothing was for sale when I needed a car, now it seems they're everywhere!:banghead:

I hope Blu doesnt read this, but I agree, they look great, no matter how they are painted.

I assume the engine runs well, but I don't know for myself. The guy has other subarus, but sounded really heartbroken to get rid of this one. He owes the IRS money. He just bought this not to long ago, and says that he looked for a really long time to find this one. Poor bastard's getting robbed by the guv'ment!:eek: Glad to see a "semi-local" on here LoveThee. I bought my '98 in provo. You guys get snow today like us?

Now if he owes the goverment and avoided it, he isnt getting robbed, just should have paid .... but that does make it easier for one of us to *ahem* rob him of his roo

No one owes the guv'ment anything(assuming they work). If anything, they owe us (the 50% of Americans who actually work) for supporting the rest of the country! Won't go any further than that! :slobber:

As for the second part, I will try my best to give him a :brow:fair:brow: price!

I'm headed down Saturday if I can get outta work. If not it'll have to be Sunday. The wife is not impressed about my new found addiction.:rolleyes:

So far with two drivers we have: '75 J10 parts truck, '76 J10, '77 Wagoneer, '98 outback, and her '09 Xterra in our driveway. I am trying (not hard) to sell the wagoneer. Still going to buy the GL if it's nice. Got the guy down to $1400, and I haven't even picked it apart yet!;)

Thats because nobody is calling him on it. You should be just as scared of that engine as an Ej25D like your Outback has. Except, todays technicians can probably figure out how to pull a trouble code or order a part for it without trying 3 times. All the same, I wish you luck in it-Im not a huge fan of that particular car but still a fan.