Ultimate Subaru Message Board

when interchanging knuckles, 90's rear (and some 2000's) EJ knuckles are the same with these considerations in mind:

1. match rear drum or disc brakes. some legacy brightons and imprezas had rear drums. forester and i think all 95 legacys have rear disc so yours is clear.

2. ABS or non-ABS. you can install ABS knuckles in non-ABS cars, just leave the sensor out. and you can install non-ABS into ABS cars if you don't want the ABS to work. LOL

SVX and 05+ STi knuckles won't work as they have the 5x113 lug pattern instead of the typical EJ 5x100.

While not as good as someone who has actually done the part interchange being asked about, one source of info is the opposed forces website. I usually find the part number for my car and then click on the part number and it gives a list of the cars that the part number was used on.

For example for a 98 Forester it give P/N 28411AA010 for the rear left knuckle. If you click on the part number it gives you this page:

http://opposedforces.com/parts/info/28411AA010/

and you can open the list for the car you are thinking of getting the part from and see if it was used on your car.

You can swap over to rear discs without problem but for it to be totally correct you will need rear disc parking brake cables for the '95. Due to length and mounting point considerations it is unlike that the '00 cables will work. The drum cables will not fit the backing plate correctly but can be made to work if you want to grind the end down so it fits into the backing plate and adjust the cable tension, etc to compensate.

GD