Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hmmm is this a good buy?

I've been around subaru's about 15 years my family is built around them! I've done 4x4 swaps and basic ea82 rebuilding and work on my buddies WRX's and STI's so I am familiar with the engines and wiring. However have not done a EJ swap (there is a first time for everything though, with the appropriate help)

And yes as soon as I saw he had a top mount with no hood scoop I was so ashamed :mad: no wonder it blew

So you can wrench a bit - everyone that can wrench tries their hand at an engine swap - 10% of them get it done and 1% do it right. What do you know about electrical? Custom fabrication? These are much more important than wrenching. Anyone can take something apart and put it back together. Custom work is a different animal.

Being "around" Subaru's for 15 years is pretty meaningless since you are 21 according to your age listing. Being 6 and gnawing on a fudge-sickle in the corner while your old man wrenches on the family wagon doesn't count. I've been driving and wrenching on them since I was 18 - that's 14 years of *real* experience.

GD

Right.

Well my father is the main one then. He's got the fabrication skills and electrical, He worked at a shop doing electrical on cars for12+ years and swaps as well. Either way I'm surrounded with people more than happy to teach me and I'm more than happy to learn this isnt a rush project just something to have the guys work on in the after noon. After all its not a complete restoration. With all the help I'll be getting from you all here and in my city I feel like this should go smoothly.

:Flame:

I'm just wanting advice :D I'd hate to see this gl get scrapped

If you feel confident that it can be done within you and your father's means, snatch it up. That thing looks great. 700 is not a bad deal, I'd try and talk it down to 6 though if possible. I say go for it, even if in the end it doesn't work out you can turn around and sell.

there isn't really alot of fab involved to swap the ej in.just needs a 1/2" adapter plate and the flywheel needs some work.You can buy the adapter plate for around 200 after shipping give or take.you can buy the flywheel or dremel it out yourself...

look in the retrofitting section and you can find a write up on the ej swap.Ive completed two and each one is a different experiance.

Hmmmmmm

I just got off the phone with hime not to long ago and he said that it was his GF at the times car and her being a blonde she busted a coolant line and kept driving like that til it could not run :banghead::banghead::banghead:

He I think me and some buddies are gonna take a trip 2 hours out and see if its worth it it not he said he'll still part it out...

Not sure if I would want to part it out seeing how straight the body and interior is.. He said it was always garaged thats always a plus :drunk:

This is the only thing that ive seen near me like this :D Just wait!

What is the ideal price range for a EJ?

My buddies are thinking a EJ25t......Im thinking 22t. Just need to know price :brow:

I read up on the EJ swaps and saw a couple on YouTube..

This is the only thing that ive seen near me like this :D Just wait!

What is the ideal price range for a EJ?

My buddies are thinking a EJ25t......Im thinking 22t. Just need to know price :brow:

I read up on the EJ swaps and saw a couple on YouTube..

I'm doing a ej22t swap. You are going to have more cost for the harness stripping (if you pay someone ) because it's obd2. I have seen a ej22t complete for 1000 near me. There's a place in Florida that ships and has a 90 day warranty on all their motors and are guaranteed to run for 950+ (100 more shipped to residential).

So I'd say 1000+250(harness stripping&spliing)+ cost of adapter.