Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I believe it's an 80+?

exactly like my dads 79 dl and looks simular to my dads 78 but its a white gl. could be anywhere from a 77(earliest) to about 80. unless it has a 1800cc in there with a dual range which would make it the rare 81 brat. looks fair for how old these are getting im going to say it would be whorth it since people will pay about $300 for that roll bar, $250 for rear seats(cannt tell if it has them in the pics), plus if you parted the rest out you could make quite a little money on it or scrap it for roughly $200. i would definently replace the hood, try to pound those dents out and bondo them, then get a paint job, fix all the problems then enjoy it for years :)

actually it would be the most rare if it was a 77, the brat model wasn't put into production until 78.

i've seen them on craigslist but probably typos but maybe not because i dont think people would renew there craigslist post for a month with the wrong year in the title. i think there probably is a few 77's in a musuem, someones driveway, but most of them where probably tested for safty because they where proto-types then :(

possible they were 77s overseas, as they don't follow the same rules for model years as the states in the older days, my dad bought the 3rd Brat sold in southwest VA in late 77 and it was titled a 78. I work at a Ford dealership and we started getting '13s back in August. Been this way for years, like the legacy overseas was started as an 89 model.