Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Brat with power windows?

anyone tried this,or was one ever produced?I've got access to some power window regulators from a 4-door, 84 I believe ,and was curious if the transition would be possible,I also can get switches and what not to complete.I'm not worried about wiring ,more just the reg into the cenario.

I am no expert but I THINK they may have made a BRAT with power windows. Probably the turbo automatic models. They were top of the line. Ask McBrat, if anyone would know it would be him.

Other than that, I do believe I remember someone adding the necessary hardware and making the conversion. From what I understand it was fairly easy to do. (This was a few yrs back)

both turbo brat's I've had, did not have power windows.

you can add power windows to a Brat. you will need the following from a 2 door coupe with power windows:

motor/regulator/switches wiring from the doors

wiring/switches from the center console

wiring/relays from under the drivers seat

and the upper door panel that has the hole for the switch, and no hole for the crank :)

I have the complete set-up, but the door panels are the cloth GL-10 door panels. I would sell for what I paid. $125 plus shipping.

you need the regs from a 2 door coupe. the 4 dr ones wont work properly because they are smaller.

*NOTE: I haven't done the swap, this is information from a past conversion by Richierich some years ago..... I hope my memory is correct.....

• 1 year later...

That sounds like it be nice to have power windows. Guess Id rather keep it simple. Sorry I wasnt any help but Thanks

you need the regs from a 2 door coupe. the 4 dr ones wont work properly because they are smaller.

*NOTE: I haven't done the swap, this is information from a past conversion by Richierich some years ago..... I hope my memory is correct.....

I have never seen a hatch or brat with power windows, however, you can make it work. The regulators are almost identical, one arm is just longer on the hatch/brat doors. If you lay the regulators out side by side(two door- four door) it is very apparent what you need to cut and weld.

You can wire the remaining two window switches on the center console to power door locks.

• 1 month later...

I grabed the wiring harness from a two door with sub harnesses and came away with power windows and mirrors. just make sure you get all the relays under both seats. My junk yard used to let me do all myself but the sold out of subarus and won't get me any .:confused: