Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA82T intakes....

Ok, so who would be interested in an intake setup for EA82Ts? Cost would be $75-$100...includes airfilter, adapter plate, and a new air flow meter to turbo pipe...with all the stock hookups.

A picture is worth a thousand words. Good luck!

Psst! I may be interested.

I was going to custom make my own like everybody else, but if you are trying to get a group buy like TWE going again, then I may be interested. Like to see pics. Who will be designing and making them? Whats the latest on TWE?

Myxalplyx: Pic to come (today sometime)...the only thing is, is that I do not have the MAF-turbo pipe made up yet. I can post a pic of the air filter assy, and give some people ideas on what that pipe will be like.

Marck: No group buy here. Just one at a time as someone needs one. I have designed them, and I will be making them.

Ok, this is the filter/adapter plate assy on an 88 RX...meaning, this is what it would look like on a MAF. The flapper stlye would be very very similar...the only differences are the bolt pattern on the plate, and the Flapper is longer than the MAF...but its still the same.

DSCF2118.jpg

This is a stock (although modified for a BOV recirculation tube there) 1985-1986 intake tube. It is shorter than the 87+, so it allows this assy to fit perfectly. You could use the stock 87+ peice there...but i chose the 86 peice from my turbo wagon. it was orginally in the 86, and designed for it...but i found it worked great in my 89 RX, and so now its in my 88 RX. Anyhow, that is the peice that will be replaced with a higher flowing/less resistance metal peice. The stock PCV, and that other little hook up, points will be replicated so that stock components will hook up.

DSCF2119.jpg

:rolleyes: Hey, it works. As soon as I get my welder...I hope things will start rolling. First Ive got to get the GL-10's engine put abck together, and in the car,and finnish messing with the springs and call it done for a while....but I will start working in it, I do have everything out such that I can mesure and get things started....

I think this is a good idea. My rubber intake boot has a large split coming from where the intake boot connects to the turbo. So I went out to the salvage yard the other day to find one in better condition. When I tried to install the salvage yard boot, it also split and at the same spot. A metal pipe would take care of that problem.

I have a few suggestions:

I would like to see a BOV recirculation tube on the intake pipes you are making. And maybe come with a cap to plug it if the buyer doesn't have a BOV to recirculate. What brand air filter are you going to sell with your intakes? You may want to sell your intakes without the air filter and let the buyer choose his/her own air filter.

Perhaps a special deal for those of us that already have the adapter and filter?

Also, could you put up a pic that better illustrates how you have plumbed in the BPV on the MAF to turbo pipe.. Gonna be doing that tomorrow or the next day.. would like to see as many options as possible.

Thanks

oooh... All this cool stuff I get to buy for my turbowagon when I get $$$ and get it back on the road.... Stupid clutch....

At least you have a turbo wagon to put it on. I don't even have an EA81T or EA82T. :-\

I have a few suggestions:

I would like to see a BOV recirculation tube on the intake pipes you are making. And maybe come with a cap to plug it if the buyer doesn't have a BOV to recirculate. What brand air filter are you going to sell with your intakes? You may want to sell your intakes without the air filter and let the buyer choose his/her own air filter.

Sounds good to me. The intake idea is what I had in mind since I like to get my own air filter. As far as a cap goes, you can get a piece of rubber vacuum hose and a rubber stopper from a hardware store and simply plug the hose up. Just trying to keep things simple.

DSCF2121.JPG

DSCF2122.JPG

DSCF2123.JPG

When I get the pipe made, i will know what the final cost as an assembly will be....and with out the filter assy. I know that the adapter and filter will cost me about $45 and tax...but that depends on where I get the adapters, online will be a bit more, but local will be a little less...and autozone and places like that, except for napa, has those things for about $15. The Filter can be had from $20-$25...two styles, the regular cone, or the cone that has additional inverted cone on top for more ait flow. NAPA sells these things at 49.99, while everyone else has the SAME kind (APC usually) for $20-$25...it sucks. At cost to NAPA is over $26!!! WTF???

Anyhow, Im going to do some measuring before work, and see what I can come up with for pre made pipes to reduce pure fabrication...that way it will be less expensive and time consuming.

ANd once I get a prototype made, I'll see about making one or two different styles...either w and w/out BOV, or maybe just one style with it.

ok, ive got the main pipe. Its 2.75 inches...the MAF (not a MAF really...but OK) outlet on the 85/86 is 2.75 inches. The inlet on the turbo is 2.25 inches. I have found a silicone reducer for that application...its gonna cost ME about $28 to get ONE here..its 19.99 and shipping...eh...need more sources. So...the cost of the pipe is $20...after TV time is done with, i'll make a trip down to the garage with my camera, and take some pics with it somewhat 'fitted' to the RX, and see what kind of mods I need to make to the thing....

Looks like cost might be around $60 after its said and done...just estimating again....eh, the cost is going up.

Ok, pipe un modded...one end is 2.75 OD, the other, the yellow end, is 2.75 ID.

DSCF2124.JPG

MAF and 85-86 "MAF" fits right in the ID side...nice and tight. Some ultra copper and it would never come apart.

DSCF2125.JPG

OD to OD is near perfect. I can supply the rubber connector if we go that route. VOTE!

DSCF2126.JPG

Conflict!!! Hits the intake plenum. This is entering the turbo as stright as possible, with the turbo housing and the pipe as stright to each other as possible.

DSCF2127.JPG

Still a conflct at an steeper angle.

DSCF2128.JPG

Ok, no fit as is, and there is no space left for reducer adapter...

DSCF2129.JPG

Ok, im tired, and a little ticked...more fabbing needed. Im going to bed. Me put back together in the morning...

DSCF2130.JPG

my GL-10 will have WRX intake and spyder as well...i do wonder about the pipe hitting the back side of the spyder...and I would like to make this intake compatible with mostly stock EA82T's...meaning for those with the regualr intake and no IC yet....im working on it tho....

No one is really going to get first dibs, When I make a successful one that fits all, I'll post them for sale. However many people want, I will make. IF there is a demand for 2, i'll make 2. If there is a demand for 25, I'll make 25.

I have found a silicone reducer for that application...its gonna cost ME about $28 to get ONE here..its 19.99 and shipping...eh...need more sources.

Welcome to the world of silicone hose...hehe :)

BTW, I found plenty of silicone reducers out there (some quite inexpensive ones, too), but very few of the 2.75" - 2.25" variety. :-\