Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA82 Engine Gasket Sets

Stared looking  AKA E-Bay for engine gasket set I will be needing on my '91 Loyale.  Not a whole lot of price difference for the most part 45-65 most sets.. Brands like Eristic and Misumo seem to be on there the most.  Are these all on par with each other or is there some nasty stuff to stay away from..  I know OME is the best, and I haven't priced them yet, I was looking for some guideance.  Aftermarket stuff or spend the $$ for OME.. Anyone know what Subaru gaskets sets run on that note..  Thanks

1. Subaru

2. Fel Pro permatorque gaskets (these don't require a retorque)

i'd avoid the cheap gasket sets.  i've seen headgaskets fail and EA82 crank seals be the wrong size (too big).  folks have even measured and put pictures online of the differences in sizes.

1. head gaskets

2. intake manifold gaskets from Subaru (flimsy cardboard aftermarkets will leak coolant into the heads)

3. reinforced cam carrier oring (2) from Subaru.  do not use a regular oring - has to be metal reinforced.

that's the bare necessities, exhaust manifold gaskets are often reusable if they're original OEM and not too degraded/rusted.

valve cover, crank seal, oil pump seal, oil pump oring, oil pump gasket, cam seal, cam oring

rockauto, amazon

Edited by grossgary

1. Subaru

2. Fel Pro permatorque gaskets (these don't require a retorque)

i'd avoid the cheap gasket sets.  i've seen headgaskets fail and EA82 crank seals be the wrong size (too big).  folks have even measured and put pictures online of the differences in sizes.

1. head gaskets

2. intake manifold gaskets from Subaru (flimsy cardboard aftermarkets will leak coolant into the heads)

3. reinforced cam carrier oring (2) from Subaru.  do not use a regular oring - has to be metal reinforced.

that's the bare necessities, exhaust manifold gaskets are often reusable if they're original OEM and not too degraded/rusted.

valve cover, crank seal, oil pump seal, oil pump oring, oil pump gasket, cam seal, cam oring

rockauto, amazon

For Subaru are you talking a complete gasket set or just the HG?