Ultimate Subaru Message Board

And that one was fitted with Subaru transaxle and halfshafts, shocking...

Its a real shame that Toyota got banned for cheating back in the 90's.

And this proves a proof of concept that an AWD BRZ can be made with off the shelf parts and a little fabrication.

Come on Subaru.

We all know you want the WRX to stay the AWD baby, but we also know a BRZ would look sexy flailing dirt and mud off all 4's ripping around Finland's back roads.

Twitch

PS: Toyota taking credit for Subaru's rally capability in a Subaru built car as "Toyota's rally DNA" kinda chafes my arse.

• Like 1

It should chafe you further to know that Toyota now owns 16.5% of Fuji Heavy Industries.

That little restrictor plate bypass contraption cheat that got them booted from the WRC was pretty clever, you have to admit. It's up there with nascar guys smearing sterno on everything inside the motor to boost octane. They had to expect to get caught eventually.

I knew about the stock holdings. If Toyota didn't have that they wouldn't have gotten the GT86/FRS nor would Subaru have built a BRZ.

And I was impressed by the engineering team that put together that bypass design in the intake. Very impressed.

But they had to know it would get them disciplined by the WRC once the officials did a full test on the car.

Probably didn't expect a ban, but still, they knew something was coming.

Twitch

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

ive never really been a fan of toyotas engines

couple that with them saying all the out of control pruis's were due to a faulty peddle but then called nasa in to investigate. it takes a rocket scientist i tell ya lol

the brz is the only car subaru has style wise that i like to look at. maybe even drive one day lol

it seems like most of their stuff looks like to many other cars in my opinion. maybe its the toyota in them...

This proves a proof of concept that an AWD BRZ can be made with off the shelf parts and a little fabrication.

Come on Subaru.

PS: Toyota taking credit for Subaru's rally capability in a Subaru built car as "Toyota's rally DNA" kinda chafes my arse.

+100

C'mon Subaru....AWD BRZ!!! with or without turbo but gotta be AWD

Toyotas rally DNA!!!  Are you kidding!!!  Who does he think he is......MR. Toyota?  Oh....wait

An AWD BRZ will never happen.  Look at the centerline of the front wheels and where the front differential would sit if it had an AWD transmission.  Those front axles would be at crazy angles and the CVs would wear out really fast.

Well they did it in that Toyota GT86 so...........It's gotta be possible.

Ferrari has the FF, which has a PTU at the front of the motor. It's like a secondary transmission for the front wheels. But without moving the motor location, I don't see how they could do awd.. There is no way it would be normal subaru transmission layout in that chassis.

The WRC FT86 is RWD (gt86 cs-r3).

Edit: BUT, do look at the drivetrain layout for the Legacy B4 GT300... It COULD happen, I just highly doubt it. Oh and it won't be cheap.

http://www.subaru-msm.com/global/sgt2009/machine.html

Edited by Ibreakstuff