Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Loyale engine light wire color?

I have searched the forum for many days, yet i still cant find what color the wire is for the check engine light for the loyale

i apologize for asking so many questions lately I have just been kinda lost

yellow with red stripe ? yellow fades to near white or off white colour ....what year may also be a help, may not

it is a 1990 loyale i have it hooked up to a yellow and red wire but its not working, where might it be located?

My '88 FSM shows that wire as an 18 ga red/blue wire, and its pin 2 on the ecm connector. Been awhile since my last SPFI swap but Im pretty sure the ECM grounds the bulb, and the cluster supplies the (+). Not sure if '88 is the same as '90.

you are right there is a red and blue wire there, i tried it but i still cant seem to get the check engine light to work, any other suggestions?

there is a brown wire, a yellow and green one, a black and white one, 2 white and blacks ones and a light green one, and a white wire coming from the plug behind the lights

Im guessing u checked the bulb right? Is this for a conversion? Are you able to see if pin 2 has the same color wire going to it? I dont know if they changed the pin outs for the loyale ECM but that would be a place to start. If you find out you have the right wire (which is grounding key on eng off) and a good bulb then Ide question the (+) supply on the dash or the solder for the socket etc.

Im guessing u checked the bulb right? Is this for a conversion? Are you able to see if pin 2 has the same color wire going to it? I dont know if they changed the pin outs for the loyale ECM but that would be a place to start. If you find out you have the right wire (which is grounding key on eng off) and a good bulb then Ide question the (+) supply on the dash or the solder for the socket etc.

this is for an ej22 swap, the bulb worked fine with the ea82. i got my harness from SJR. and there is a wire labeled check engine. so i'm just trying to find out which wire on the ea82 harness is the one that goes to the check engine light. it appears that the check engine, stop lamp, and brake fluid lights all connect to a single plug. before i start cutting each wire to find out which one is the right one i was hoping someone knew the correct wire for the check engine light. 

if pin 2 is one that goes into the ea82 computer then i don't know there is just the blue and red wire that goes into the plug then into the computer

the plug that comes from the check engine light however has different colored wires on each side, none of which are blue and red. 

So my previous post still applies. If you dont wanna pull the dash then test the suspect wires by grounding with KOEO (key on engine off). Im not sure how youre testing, did you verify the EJs CEL out put is triggering ground?

Edited by ihscout54