Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA82 thingimeger for the go dohicky

That is a very interesting setup, I like how Clean it looks; the curve for the acceleretor's cable looks very Professional, like the rest of the parts that you've built.

I can see on this photo, that the main fuel delivery to your Carburetor, the 5/16" hose, says: "Not for Fuel..." have you noticed it?

Kind Regards.

• Like 1

Yes it's a 2jet 276 cfm, still under construction, I haven't been able to get the response I would like, in the process of making a spacer plate, 2 of them, a 1" and a .75" to see what's best, will see what happens , cheers

I think you mean a Rochester 2G(x).

I don`t think you will ever get the response you want.

The primary venturi is too big.

AFAIK,the smallest engine to use these carbs had more than double the displacement of your Sube.

There just isn`t enough airflow off idle to develop sufficient venturi vacuum.

I think you mean a Rochester 2G(x).

I don`t think you will ever get the response you want.

The primary venturi is too big.

AFAIK,the smallest engine to use these carbs had more than double the displacement of your Sube.

There just isn`t enough airflow off idle to develop sufficient venturi vacuum.

+1 The smallest engine those were used on was 230CI which is roughly 3.8l. There is no way you'll ever get rid of the dead spot on the bottom end. Been there, done that and told the guy it would never work right. Sorry to rain on your parade. On top of the venturi being way too big, the jets are also way too big. Even if it doesn't foul the plugs, your mileage will be horrible. I can see you have a lot of work into it and did a great job, but you're playing chicken with physics and you can't win.

Try upgrading the ignition system to some kind of cdi system the msd street fire set ups are cheap now i run a procomp.set up my self also very cheap that will help burn the extra fuel and play with the jetting I've found I can solder the jets closed and redrill smaller holes to save time and money

Try upgrading the ignition system to some kind of cdi system the msd street fire set ups are cheap now i run a procomp.set up my self also very cheap that will help burn the extra fuel and play with the jetting I've found I can solder the jets closed and redrill smaller holes to save time and money

There is no extra fuel.

There is a LACK of fuel due to the low venturi vacuum.

That's why there's a accelerator pump its been a while since ive worked with that carb but if I remember its about the same size opening as the spfi ya the motor will need a lot of work to handle the extra air and fuel no mater what though its gona be a lot of trial and error to get the tune close enuff to be drivable but its doable way easyer to use tryed and true parts but there's no fun in that I find it way more interesting to see and read about way out there crazy stuff i know this Isent that out there but its different

That's why there's a accelerator pump its been a while since ive worked with that carb but if I remember its about the same size opening as the spfi ya the motor will need a lot of work to handle the extra air and fuel no mater what though its gona be a lot of trial and error to get the tune close enuff to be drivable but its doable way easyer to use tryed and true parts but there's no fun in that I find it way more interesting to see and read about way out there crazy stuff i know this Isent that out there but its different

The accelerator pump just covers the initial lack of fuel during snap acceleration. It's not going to do anything for a lack of vacuum in the venturi causing reduced fuel draw from the jets.