Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Rock Auto Close outs

i can never find what im looking for at crock auto there website sucks so ive never ordered from them i feel if they cant make a decent web site then theres probly other problems with the company and i might not get my order or worse get the wrong part and get hastled about it i dont care how cheap it is when you get the wrong part for cheap and cant return it or costs a bunch of money to return it them the cost goes way up and its not cheap anymore i would rether take my chances with ebay

The link provided shows up as "1987 TOYOTA VAN 2.2L L4" ?

I have had no problems at all with RockAuto. I've ordered quite a few parts from them, and the only wrong part was my fault (ordered STI brake pistons instead of WRX), which I was able to return (even with one bag been opened) for store credit. Their website is great (beyond a lack of photos, but most online sellers use generic photos for everything auto anyway), simple to use (search by manufacturer p/n or by vehicle). The only thing I don't like is their stock distribution, as pretty much every time I try to get a few parts they end up coming from 2-3 different warehouses and I get hit for freight from each. 

• Like 1

I have ordered quite a few parts from them and saved a lot on gaskets and sensors, they all worked fine, I haven't ordered any for a Subaru though. I ordered windshield wipers for most of my cars on close out prices of around $2 or less each, on some of them the rubber was  getting a little hard so you could tell they were older but for the price I was more than satisfied. When I order I try to get all the parts shipped from the same warehouse otherwise the shipping is a lot more and it would work out be cheaper to buy from local parts store for certain items. I find their online parts catalog easy to use once you get used to it. 

Roger

can't say I was impressed to get a brake master cylinder in a box that had biro * marks and written on it "wrong product" or the like and they still sent it half way across the globe. Lucky I picked the problem, went through their electronic complaint process and got my product price and some postage refunded.

Recently discovered some exhaust gaskets I bought from them are totally wrong - too late

but, I tell you what, compared to anything on ffer to us in Oz it is like a kid in candy store that ecatalogue !