Ultimate Subaru Message Board

The Wife may kill me. Should I buy another Subaru?

I own an 86 GL10 with a d/r fwd tranny and a 2" lift. (needs some love but what subie doesnt) about 180k on both motor and tranny. I also own a 95 Legacy L 5spd with aobut 196k that burns oil pretty bad, but the AC works which is nice in the summer. I have the chance to buy a 93 Legacy alltime 4WD with 185k for about $700. The AC doesnt work and the blower motor only blows high for the heat.  My wife may kill me if i bring home another Subaru but isnt it worth it? $700 is a bargain here in Montana for one of these little tanks.  Comes with two sets of tires on wheels. Might be a fun one to throw some Outback struts on.  

She can only kill you so many times! Just buy some flowers and surprise her one morning before you sneak the new Subaru into the driveway. Lol

My dad just bought a $20k truck and didn't tell his wife about it until he got home with it. At least you're not buying a $20k Subaru!

if there's no compelling reason let it go. A cheap car is seldom cheap without reason. Sub $1,000 Subarus are rarely gems but not impossible to find either.

What's your end goal?

More cars work or maintenance, or flip it or help someone or different car - buy it

Reliability longevity and practical finances - leave it.

Edited by grossgary

Yeah Im buying it. I love the all time 4wd feel. The thing really gets up and goes compared to my 95. I did try to convice my wife to take my 95. She is not really keen on learning how to drive a manual even though I told her it's safer in the winter. She loves her little Toyota Celica. Insert puke emoji. Thanks for the input!