Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What could I get for Selling My Soob?

Unfortunaly I am forced to sell one of my vehicles, and Im selling the Soob because my other car has been in the family since new.

Anyway Heres the link for it.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/skipper47

And some info:

Its a 94 Loyale Wagon 4x4, with the 3spd auto and the EA82.

Lots and Lots have been done to her in the past 5 months by the original owner (before I bought it)

New Radiator, CV joints and boots, Camshaft seals, rear seal, Timing belt, shocks, and 4 brand new tires. Also plugs, wires and a dist cap.

Well the guys who I bought it from gave me the receipt which it all added up to almost 1500 bucks.

Has no rust and only has 96k miles on her. Leaks very little oil though (and ive learned most soobs do)

Well id appriciate any help on making this hard decision.

If I was in the market I would pay $500 to $600 for it. Sounds kinda low but it is a Loyale (less options than GL) has an automatic transmission (nutorious for going out on you) and only single range 4WD, and almost 100,000 miles. I know the EA82 SPFI will go longer than 100k but any way you cut it; thats quite a few miles. Would not expect the 3AT to go much over 100k :(

Just my 2 cents; im sure people would pay a lot more for it.

Guest taprackready
Sounds kinda low but it is a Loyale (less options than GL) :(

Just my 2 cents; im sure people would pay a lot more for it.

I've heard this comment several times on this board. What options did the GL come with that the Loyal didn't? We've got a 93 Loyal at work with power doors, windows, cruise control, five speed with push button 4x4. What else is there?

Bill

It is also a 94 which is alot newer than a gl, meaning the paint, body, and interior are likely going to have more life left. To a person who isn't really knowledgeable about subarus, the fact that it is a 94 will mean ALOT. On the island here I see 92-94 loyales from 2-5000 cdn at stealerships, whereas a mint gl (older) would be 1500-2000 cdn at a stealership.

loyale dismissed the dual range, the center console, roof rack and rear speakers. think a DL with a tachometer. aotomatic seat belts are annoying, the tall armrest console gets in the way.

unless you find one that has "standard" options as special order

1200-1500 bucks if its not rusty and under 100,000 mi

we got one for free, but we had to put a motor in it to drive it home. otherwise it was going to be a $1200 car at the dealer we got it from(VA car with a broken taillight and a rust spot)

yeah, When I open the door on mine the auto-seatbelt thing usually knocks my hat off!:mad:

The ONLY good thing about auto seatbelts is it lowers your insurance premium (wife's 88 Camry has them). It is a notorious hat remover as well!

Regional differences account for a wide range in pricing. For example, here (AK), any vehicle with 4 wheel drive can fetch $1500 if it is at all reliable. So my answer would be, if you sell it for less than that, you should get 15 months to 3 years for disrespecting a decent car.