Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I have found a SVX  that has been sitting for 10 years, owner died so I don't know why it was parked, I am buying it for 200.00, I have tried to start it and it turns over  but no fuel pressure, tried to look online for help with the fuel pump but cannot seem to find anyone who can show me how this pump comes out. I have disconnected the hoses and unscrewed the big round circle tighten down, but I can't seem to see the pump inside the tank or how the pump holder comes out of the tank,  any help on this would be greatly appreciated , also does anyone know how to get the specs on this car, do I have to write to Subaru to get this, I went to the local dealer and he couldn't pull up anything...thanks,  Johnny

If its anything like my 02 and 2010 you have the thin cover for the body with 4 bolts, then you have to remove the 6 or 8 bolts holding the pump carrier (not really sure what its called) to the tank as well as a few lines.  I had to rotate the whole assembly in the hole about half a turn and tip it to clear the fuel level sender. Just take your time and make sure not to bend the arm for the fuel sender or break the plastic.  Looking at a couple videos it looks very much the same as the two I changed.

• Sad 1

nope, it is not what I see on you tube with the 4 screws and 8 nuts holding the pump cover on, it has a big roundish donut with threads on it to unscrew to get the pump cover off, after that, I took it off and don't see no pump inside, wish someone had some picture or something to show me or explain what to look for

I have some random files pertaining to the SVX, I own a '92 as well. I changed the fuel pump with my brother a while ago, I don't remember the specifics but I'll ask my brother if he remembers how to take it out and let you know. If you pm me your email address I'd be happy to share those files with you. 

12 hours ago, GeneralDisorder said:

Doubt it. If so that would be the first and only Subaru in history to have a plastic tank. 

GD

I'm about 85% sure that is was.  Considering the SVX was a 90's Japanese halo car, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if they went above and beyond.  Heck, they patented a new glass vacuum forming process during the development of the SVX, a plastic fuel tank seems like cake walk...