Ultimate Subaru Message Board

87 gl 4x4 no spark

32 minutes ago, Displaynamerequired said:

Hi, I recently chanced plugs, wires, cap & rotor and coil. I have spark at the coil but not at the plugs. Is there something that could have gone wrong at the distributor? It just seems like the caps not doing its thing.

If this is an SPFI EA82, did you remember to put the screw back in the rotor?

Check the button in center of disty cap sticks out some & has spring to it so it contacts center of rotor.

You sometimes cannot tell a fuse is good by looking at it.   I have had a few that had a hairline crack in the metal that was near invisible under a magnifier.  Checking the voltage on both sides while under load, then you know a fuse's condition. 

4 hours ago, rdweninger said:

if you have spark at the plugs and starting fluid, then it must be the firing order.  Maybe when you replaced plug wires.

Ensure that you have 1-3-2-4  counterclockwise...  #1 on disty cap is closest to firewall.

Thanks. The cap is numbered but says 1-3-4-2. Any chance this cap is wrong for the car? Got it at orileys, part #10-0199.