Ultimate Subaru Message Board

WCSS6 CARAVAN? LA to Hood River

On the communication subject, I guess cellular telephones are also an option. There should be coverage in the major towns, certainly Klamath Falls. We can "fine tune" our meeting that way, too (TSJ, is you're number still the same?).

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking that the Rogue's will prolly be running with your southerners, we'll catch up with you K-Falls, and join the convoy from there through Bend. While we are on the five, I like the idea of the back country road. 5 hours on the five is long and tiresome. Specially when your in a big loud Brat with mud tires whailing the whole way.

woohoo.. just got the time off approved by my supervisor. :banana:

Now the only thing that is holding me back is the idea that I may have to move to a new appt at the end of August.

I started a previous thread about having this big subbie flag made. After several quotes of over 200 bucks for just the set up charge I have decided to get a piece of blue outdoor tarp and some yellow paint and make my own. I am planning it to be roughly 2 by 3 flag. Will see about making more with the left over material and some poles to mount them.

BW

Should be a whole mess of em from your arear headin up. Which route I'm not so sure of. Also most of em from round there don't really get on the computer much, you'll have to actually face to face, or phone up some of em to get the digs on what the locale is going to do.

• 3 weeks later...

Thought I would bump this up b/c we are less than two weeks away.

For the people meeting in Klamath Falls, anyone interested in taking a detour to Bend and driving up to Crater lake national park. There is a road that goes around the rim of the Crater. Probably add an hour to our drive to Bend, but maybe I hear it's worth it.

WCSS6 t-minus 9 days and counting :banana:

I just looked at Superpages.com and I found a possible rally point at Klamath Falls. It's near where the 97 and the 39 meet.

There is a Mcdonalds at 1874 Avalon St or a library on 3704 South 6th St.

within 1 mile radius of these places are a Safeway grocery store and a NAPA and a Schucks.

I have no idea how big the parking lots are in both of these places. Maybe a head count of how many people plan to rally at Klamath Falls would be a good start.

I think that Cali group is going to have SubaruJunkie, Ren. Man and myself. Any other comers?

BW

I plan on leaving Sacramento as early Friday morning as I can. I assume the L.A. people will have already been here by then. From there, we should be in Klammath falls by mid-afternoon Friday, and that will put us in Bend Friday night.

I could make it from Sacramento to Hood River in one day, but I would leave every EA81 behind me. Those of you driving in EA81's should plan on sleeping in Bend, unless you want to roll into H.R. early Saturday morning.

-Brian

TSJ, my tentative plan is to ugg the whole trip in one day (Friday) with Subieman and Jibs, maybe having a little time to scope the joint for a good campsite and get settled. I don't know how well those guys are equipped for camping (I'm certainly not, I'm normally a Hilton man), Your setup worked great last time..I'd like to contribute. I'll PM ya for more on that.

Of course, actual days and times of travel may vary:rolleyes: .

I'll be in Klamath Falls in the 12pm-1pm area. Leaving Mendocino Thursday night, camping on Hwy 96 near the OR border. Then Friday AM up and at it, over to I5, up to Hwy 66, then over to K-Falls. Junkie has my cell number, and I've gotten the CB installed. Now I am going to get ready to drop the PS rack and wait for the rebuilt one tomorrow.

Subarus North!

d