Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Anti lift kit or Forester transverse links?

The transverse links on my lifted 02 outback sport are going out and I cant figure out what replacements would be most beneficial. I'm thinking either an anti lift kit designed for my car, or forester transverse links, but I'm not sure which one will end up giving me the best handling. Anybody have any experience with this?

Car is lifted on 05 forester XT struts

Thanks- CL

1 hour ago, comatosellama said:

2085082394_proxy.duckduckgo.comtransverse.jpg.c89f7b41606ccbe2d52600ee724120c5.jpg You talking about these being the same length forester vs impreza?

No I meant the rear lateral or transverse links. The actual steel link not the end bushings.  Thought that's what you were talking about.

I would call that part a control arm bushing or mount.

At any rate.  You need the Impreza/Legacy one unless you also want to ALSO install the Forrester crossmember spacers (antilift kit?, not familiar with teh term) And also a Forester Steering coupler.  Maybe need longer lower rad hose and extended (forester?) Dogbone mount ( pitch stopper)

You;d lose ground clearance, so unleess you are having issues I'd just replace the bushings.

I will actually be removing the spacers and switching to Imp bushings and coupler in my Forester for a "tummy tuck" very soon.

1 hour ago, FerGloyale said:

No I meant the rear lateral or transverse links. The actual steel link not the end bushings.  Thought that's what you were talking about.

I would call that part a control arm bushing or mount.

At any rate.  You need the Impreza/Legacy one unless you also want to ALSO install the Forrester crossmember spacers (antilift kit?, not familiar with teh term) And also a Forester Steering coupler.  Maybe need longer lower rad hose and extended (forester?) Dogbone mount ( pitch stopper)

You;d lose ground clearance, so unleess you are having issues I'd just replace the bushings.

I will actually be removing the spacers and switching to Imp bushings and coupler in my Forester for a "tummy tuck" very soon.

https://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f70/anti-lift-kit-16800/

Looks like forester control arm bushings work as an anti lift kit (adds castor). 

I've got the idea that because my car already has subframe spacers and its lifted i should try replacing them with forester bushings to get batter handling

Aftermarket ALKs will have stiffer bushings vs the soft bubblegum of the OEM Forester mounts, if that does anything for you.

My plan on my '02 WRX is to keep the stock geometry and replace the soft bushings with MSI graphite-impregnated polyurethane bushings.  This will eliminate the awful play the stock bushings allow without introducing some quirks associated with the ALK.

15 hours ago, comatosellama said:

https://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f70/anti-lift-kit-16800/

Looks like forester control arm bushings work as an anti lift kit (adds castor). 

I've got the idea that because my car already has subframe spacers and its lifted i should try replacing them with forester bushings to get batter handling

yeah If you put in subframe spacers you need to swap to the Forester bushings.

Otherwise you are moving the 2 control arm pivots out of line with each other.