Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Attn: BRATBULL

Hey I am very interested in your Design......????

I am also very curious to know if KURT is someone I worked with and had work this DESIGN out with me......?????

Call me or have KURT call me , My # is in my Sig at the bottom of this Post......

Later John in Eugene.......

Hey John. I don't think it's me your speaking of, just in case someone gets confused....

I am also curious about BB's Design. He has been floating quite a few Yahoo messages araound about it. I tried to comtact him a few times but with no reply. I have really thought abotu purchasing from him purly on financial basis, but I am more familiar with PK's lift and trust it's time tested ability's. Besides, naming your lift "kp" vice "pk" just sounds like a cheap knock off. I have no doubt his lift holds well, I just don't see the experience behind the product.

BTW, Hi John. Haven't spoken to you for a while... Hope all's going well.

Kurt

Hey Kurt, No I wasn't refering to you.....I was hoping to catch you while you were here, but wasn't able to come up for the BBQ...

This is A guy I worked with early last year.....And discussed several Ideas with over many boring weeks at work.....

I'm 90% sure this KP guy is him, and Am curious to see how many of My ideas are Floating in his " Pat.Pending Kits"...... :rolleyes:

It's alway's such a cool thing to hear of such things 3rd or 4th party......

He wouldn't be the first guy off the board to ask me how I would Do something, and Then build it as " HIS " idea.......I hadn't realized how many Certified Fabricators Where out there Building 6" , and 12" Lift Kits for Subaru's...

I better get on the Band Wagon and Patent My Bumper with Swing out Tire/Jerry can holders, And Roof-Rack Design's

WCSS 6 ought to be very interesting this Year to say the Least......

Still waiting to hear from BRATBULL or KURT in LEBANON, OR.....??????????

Man, this is starting to sound like that big soap opera from down under a few months back when a newbie came on the board and was undercutting BYB's designs and then the pissing wars started and the threats of legal action.... I hope this isn't the case here.

Mudrat - easy way to copywrite/ patent your designs = put a dated copy of your plans in a letter and mail it to yourself via certified mail. If you need evidence in court, open the envelope in front of the judge. Cheap patent - less than $2.

Mudrat - easy way to copywrite/ patent your designs = put a dated copy of your plans in a letter and mail it to yourself via certified mail. If you need evidence in court, open the envelope in front of the judge. Cheap patent - less than $2.

Good idea. Also just putting the Copyright symbol (little circle around a C) on your documentation/product with the date or year is a good idea. A laywer told me about this when I was in college. He said its not a full fledge copyright, since its not registerd with the .gov, but its better than nothing and it is admisible in court; just like this letter.

Cover thy arse, sir :)

I've been looking into patents for some of my projects.

1. Once you commercially produce an item and sell one, it is too late

to get a patent.

2. You can get the forms online for free for a Provisional Patent Application.

It costs $80 to file it, and protects your idea for a year. You can try

to sell them, and if it looks profitable, apply for a full patent at the

end of the year. Otherwise it lapses.

3. A patent is not protection from copycats, it just gives you the right

to sue.

4. A copycat did not steal (in a legal sense) an idea unless you have

a patent or PPA.

5. If a guy patents an idea while he works for you (using your equipment

or time) you have "shop rights" to use the patent without fee.

To put some of this to rest....

1. Yes - he is the person you think he is John. The whole deal sounds pretty damn rotten to me, and I am not speaking to any of you anymore. I can't tell who's telling the truth, and who's lying, and who did what when. I'm out of it (I guess I was never in it really, other than having been a "customer" of both parties, but anyway...), and You, Kurt and Brett can go at it.... but please resolve this off the board. It's simply confusing to everyone who is not aware of the situation. Hell - I doubt I'm fully aware of it. I'm betting that everyone is stretching the truth and I simply don't care anymore. I'll be taking my business elsewhere in the future because I don't like buying potentially illegal products from potentially dishonest people.

2. KP is the guy's initials - has nothing to do with PK.

GD says "Buy PK"

GD