Ultimate Subaru Message Board

which accord springs?

I'm sure there are TONS of posts about this, but I kept running in circles with the search engine so just answer me this, what exaclty am I looking for? Front springs off an accord will raise the back end of my wagon, that's all I know so any more info would be welcome!

-Chux

i used xt springs and it looks great
Honda springs are longer and have a higher spring rate.
Not to go OT, but if the best parts out of the Honda are the springs... :drunk:
Actually, the best part of a Honda is te 5MT. Its one of the strongest trannies on the market. A stock civic/accord 5MT will easilly take over twice the hp of a soob tranny..

Only problem is.. they are FWD

I just saw some pics of this mod in another thread. Man they really do raise that rear up a couple inches.

What about options for the front that swap right in?

springs to lift the front could cause trouble. camber issues and worse than that would be the CV joint angle.

I had a plan to use 1" x 2" square tubing to make a mini front lift kit. the spacers on the cross member and subframe would be easy. the ones for the strut towers would be a little more tricky as I wanted to alow for alignment adjustments of camber and caster. also would need a extension for the steering colum.

I haver given up on this idea as the car does not do well at low speed off road or in the snow due to its lack of gearing and mildly oversize tires.

I just won a set of lowering springs for a 86 to 89 accord on Ebay and plan to go back down in height and tire size. hopefuly keeping a good stiff rear end.

so as soon as I get tires and wheels worked out my old stuff is up for grabs.