Ultimate Subaru Message Board

In search of rear axle boot kits for ea81

I am in search of new rear inner and outer axle boot kits for a 1984 Subaru GL 4x4 Wagon, non-turbo ea81. Does anyone have a lead? I'd be grateful, squared. I want to service my axles but need boots as one is ripped and no grease is escaping, suggesting that it's DRY! Thanks in advance!

If you have the double slide joint CVS they’ll be the same boot at either end. The L series rear inner boot should be the same, front inner boot *might* work too but it’s a gamble. 

I’ve heard good things about those silicone units from a mate that services Brumbys for a living. 

Cheers 

Bennie

I have a pair of boot kits, one is in a box by ARI with part # 910-0025.  It has a NAPA Belkamp sticker on it, with part # 686-2192.  On NAPA website, they still list late eighties Subaru with the numerical designation - such as 1800 so no idea what if fits, in other words they don't state DL, GL, or Loyale.  Weird.   Google search doesn't work here, apparently.